96 Chevy C2500 Ext cab

justin0469

Just dont use it much. Actually bought it off of a friend of jporters.

96 Chevy C2500 RWD

Extended cab

Super long bed

No body rust!

I bought it about 6 months ago just to load stuff up in, but now it's time for a new roof so gotta sell this. Odometer reads about 96k miles, though the engine was replaced with a 350 well before I got it - jporter did the work along with some coworkers at the shop he used to work at. I actually drove it from Columbus to West Virginia and back, and from Columbus to South Carolina without any problems. It's a perfect work truck because it's better on gas but has a huge bed.

New starter

Newer tires

Bedliner

The only thing that is annoying about it is that sometimes the radio doesn't work, it's likely just a loose wire or bad radio.

Pics available in Craigslist ad http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2853695915.html

$2500 obo

Edited by justin0469

• 2 months later...
though the engine was replaced with a V6 from a C1500 well before I got it - jporter did the work along with some coworkers at the shop he used to work at.

Actually, it's a 350 from a C1500, same engine was available in the 2500.

It's a good truck. The previous owner was our babysitter, and she drove our kids around in it, so I have pretty good confidence in it! I'm sure that Justin has kept it up, or improved it in the time he has had it.

glws lbts and all that...

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, it's a 350 from a C1500, same engine was available in the 2500.

It's a good truck. The previous owner was our babysitter, and she drove our kids around in it, so I have pretty good confidence in it! I'm sure that Justin has kept it up, or improved it in the time he has had it.

glws lbts and all that...

jporter, do you happen to remember what transmission was put in it?

jporter, do you happen to remember what transmission was put in it?

4L80E It's the heavy duty transmission.

i know old chevy diesels arent the best, but why did you guys swap a gasser into it?

*not you justin, talking to judd since he did the swap before you had it.......glwslbtsetcetc*

The owner had this one, and a dump truck that both had engine problems. The dump truck needed to be a diesel (C-3500 HD) because it was heavy even without a load. He used both engines, plus a crankshaft to make a good one. I believe the engine out of this truck suffered a rod bearing failure, due to a bad injector, or something like that. The 350 was cheap, and a good way to get the truck back on the road.