Por15

jester3681

Hey guys - I know we've got some restorers and auto guys on here - Anyone use POR15 in any of their projects? I'm curious how it goes on and what the surface is like. I've read really good things, but they say on the website that some of their topcoats aren't cosmetically as good as others - just curious what other people's experience was. I'd probably use this on the frame and swingarm and use BlackCoat or ChassisCoat Black over top. But if the coverage sucks, I may use their primer and paint. Thoughts?

Shouldn't you be studying, lol?

How's the REDI Center?

I'm envious...NOT!

What a shit hole...

Nah, not yet - first day stuff - "My name is John. I hired out in Columbus. I'm going to Willard." It is kind of nice not being the fresh hire - they certainly treat us better now that we have union protection. Our instructor had last week off so he didn't have any paperwork for us. I had 7 starts. He had last week off. *sigh* You and I are doing something wrong, brother.

I have both used and removed the stuff and honestly a good frame paint is better and if you coat it with undercoating on the underside it wil last longer. If you read enough you will find out that POR15 isn't supposed to be used where sunlight will hit it and a swingarm is in direct sunlight most of the time unless the bike has saddle bags... we had a frame that was correctly painted with it and half the frame was stored uncovered in a bulding where sunlight hit it and the other half was just uncovered without direct sunlight through a window and the direct sunlight side deteriorated and started to rust. Not sure if its UV rays or what but its an issue. Open bike parts would be a bad idea. There's my 2cents.