07 gsxr 600 wont crank for anything

optimoprime

yes cranks if you put juice to starter and cranks STRONG> but not getting any click from relay. which does point to relay so i'm going to get another one even though they said its fine at the dealer. really the only part i havent replaced or checked to be good myself

well guys think i tracked it down. i opend the startbutton up and found that it was only seeing 8volts there instead of 12. so i tried jumping the starter relay and it tried to crank.

when i try to press starter button it wont make the relay click so im thinking that when i had car battery hooked up it had more then enough volts to make conncetion. but otherwise its shot.

Okay you have ruled out the relay by jumping it.More voltage or amperage does not make a switch work better.If you have voltage going into the switch and comming out of the switch and that out voltage is not getting to the relay the problem is in that cuircut.Did you try and crank with clutch squeezed? Did you try and crank with side stand up and clutch squeezed?It is possible that the neutral safety switch is not working properly.This is a maybe because if it is in the circut before start button and is bad..you would not have voltage to the switch.If it is after switch it could be the problem.Did you hold in switch and wiggle as much wiring as possible? You are going to have to check that circut out next.

When you turn the key on, the normal sequence of self checks happens right? (fuel pump primes, gauges check and all lights work) You're not getting any codes thrown are you? I don't think I read anything about a code or not. Humor us, and put the bike in dealer mode and see if anything pops up.

Just because the kickstand is up, doesn't mean that the switch is working properly, but it shouldn't matter in neutral though.

I may have missed this, but what about your cam/crank sensors? They are getting the right volt read outs? Have heard of some not cranking because of the sensor.

Look for wire schematics, from the ECU through the entire bike. Start with your starting harness, and check every connection you can get to, and make sure they are all with in range.

Process of elimination, will be your friend in electrical. Go through every scenario... key on, switch to run, and make sure it is getting the right power. Switch to off and make sure it is right in the power. Will get tedious, but you will eliminate a lot of possibilities. You might want to right down the scenarios as you go to keep track of what you have done. There is a few combos when you go all the way through the system.

To truly rule out the relay, connect gnd and 12v directly to the coil side of the relay so be sure it switches and cranks. Then I'd check gnd continuity to that relay contact, from the diagram I'm looking at, the only thing in the way of the gnd is a clutch lever switch.

The 8v doesn't seem right, it might not be sourcing enough voltage to energise the relay coil. All I see between it and the battery is the start button, kill switch, ignition fuse, ignition switch, and finally the main fuse.

I don't see any way for the ECU to prevent cranking. There are just a few wires going to the ECU that lets it know the starter circuit is receiving power.

Edited by DrewsBrews