Dreaded Winter

Casper

*Rode

I can deal with the cold, but I won't take the risk on traction. Frost on my deck this morning = caging it.

I don't "pack it away for winter", per se. I will add sta-bil to each fillup over winter to protect the bike in case of weeks of downtime. I can usually find at least one day a month where I can ride at the weekend. I have the bike on a battery tender whener it's in the garage, even overnigth. Centerstand - no flat spots on the tires.

Beware, as you try to squeeze every last riding day out of the season, that you don't take unnecessary risks. If you choose to not ride due to traction etc, the bike will still be there next spring. If you screw up then you might not be.

Edited by Scruit

You all down here don't even know what winter really is. 'Cept maybe those up near the lake.

Down here, 10" of snow and its a major catastrophe and everything shuts down. LOL. The school down here has used up most of their weather days before Christmas! Crazy....:cold:

I feel your pain... 3 weeks ago we took our kids to the Pumpkin Patch near our house (Lathrop), and they were in shorts and still sweated nearly to death. Last week my two kindergarteners went to the pumpkin patch in Livermore, and it was definitely no longer shorts weather.

picture.php?albumid=736&pictureid=14778

Edited by AOW

I have actually got my winter to do list all made out.

Me too:

1) Great Lakes Christmas Ale

2) CBC Christmas Ale

3) Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

4) Anderson Valley Winter Solstice

5) Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome

6) Santa's Private Reserve

7) Great Divide Hibernation Ale

8) Alaskan Baltic Porter

9) Jolly Pumpkin Noel de Calabaza

10) Barley Brown’s Sled Wreck

11) Victory Storm King Stout

12) Corsendonk Christmas Ale

You all down here don't even know what winter really is. 'Cept maybe those up near the lake.

Down here, 10" of snow and its a major catastrophe and everything shuts down. LOL. The school down here has used up most of their weather days before Christmas! Crazy....:cold:

That lake effect can be a real killer.

Chardon just 30 miles east of Cleveland averages almost twice the snow fall as the city. And this is in (nearly) flat lands :eek:

But I don't really mind the BIG snows. Its the nearly daily little snows that annoy. The road crews throw down tons of salt foe each snow, resulting in salty slush with every snow fall. Which means vehicles are constantly bathed in corrosive liquid. Modern cars last about 10 years before rust through, most other vehicles (like motorcycles and bicycles) last much less. :cry:

Wish we had dry cold winters. Then I could ride much more in the winter. :(

Craig

sooo I probably shouldn't tell you I'm going to Great Lakes tonight for the first day of Christmas Ale? :D
Why aren't you already there!? They tapped it at 4p!!
They really need to hold off on bringing out the Christmas beers till AFTER Thanksgiving. Bring it out now and I'm sick of it by Halloween!
It takes 4-6mos to make. Kind of a guessing game as to when it'll be ready depending on the weather (temp, bar. pres., humidity, etc). But they traditionally release it Oct 31st/Nov 1st.