Newb in Central Ohio

just_some_dude

I usually sit on another forum (buellforums.com), but I thought it'd be nice to be part of a local forum. I often find myself at this forum when searching through Google, so I thought it was about time to register.

I recently started riding, going to try to ride all year (all seasons).

I have a Buell Blast that I actually enjoy. Stock, the bike is what it is, but a few mods and it quickly, I think, leaves the realm of 'Buell Blast Sucks'. It's not going to be a Superbike, of course, but I'm a newb and I prefer to make my mistakes slow, rather than fast. Also, the mods are generally really cheap.

The stock tires I have on there suck beyond anything I thought a bad tire could be. And they are new! They were on the bike when I purchased it (used for $500). So, if I end up dying on this thing, blame it on the tires. I'll be getting better tires any day now.

Not that it really matters as much to the general biker world, but maybe for a Blast enthusiast, it means something. I've still got a long way to go in mods.

Currently:

EZ Stack (Basically a velocity stack and outerwears filter at the carb, no airbox)

Custom Header with 4"x19" Universal SuperTrapp (20 discs)

Jets: 45/155

Emulsion Tube

Dial A Jet

Denso Racing Plug

2 1/2 turns Air/Fuel

2 Shims at .049" on Needle

Ultima Programmable Ignition (in the mail, on the way)

I pretty much avoid driving on Friday and Saturday nights to avoid drunk drivers, which is a little disappointing. I just try to reduce my risks...

Well, not that my life really matters that much, but at least I gave a decent introduction... maybe...

I pretty much avoid driving on Friday and Saturday nights to avoid drunk drivers, which is a little disappointing. I just try to reduce my risks...

Well, not that my life really matters that much, but at least I gave a decent introduction... maybe...

in the real world drunk drivers are out there everyday..better not tell you that you might quit riding all together...LOL

Welcome to the addiction

• 1 month later...