Who does good tattoos in the Cbus area?

Jcarlson

Virgin skin here and am looking to get a tatt on my leg for starters. I need the best of the best for doing tatts from a photo. Who is it and wher are they located? Prefer somewhere NE Cbus if possible but anything will be considered as long as it's not in the hood or likewise.

I shit you not Sweet Baby Octane on West 5th Ave is the best of the best in Columbus. I did a search on google b4 I got my 1st SBO for places in 614 that did tats to read reviews and every where had like 15-29 reviews at the time on like Citysearch.com or something. This place had 121 reviews and all were 4 & 5 stars and some reviews were from people that LITERALLY said they flew in from other states to go to this place in Columbus. So I wanted to check it out but expected it to be ridiculously expensive with all the hype but went in there and told him what I wanted and what I expected (what most other places would charge) was around $400-$450 for a chest piece. He (Rev. Dice/AKA D) told me he'd start me out at $225 and I was blown away. After it was finished I paid $250. http://www.sweetbabyoctane.com/

^ Here's the link to their site but their address is 1525 W. 5th Ave. in Columbus.

chestpiece.jpg

This is what D did for me there for $250. This was my design, but beefed up a little and turned out phenomenally :cool:

Look up Toby Gehrlich. I've lost touch with him lately, but he's probably still at Stained Skin. Excellent artwork, and a total professional.

Also, check out Hard Knox in Mount Vernon. Another group of really talented artists, totally worth the drive.

Evolved on N. High....see Matt Barnett. 3 of my 4 are from there. VERY clean and reputable.

this. hes been doing my half sleeve for me.

http://evolvedbodyart.com/index.php?P=89

^^ heres to his portfolio, mine is the nightmare before xmas one. he's done more since that pic tho.

Joe schmo there is also pretty good. He does my wifes tats (you can see two of hers in his portfolio, its the round tree one with the froot loop owl).

anyway, evolved is where I go for my ink, they all seem to be pretty good there.

One thing I've always wondered - what do these guys practice on? I mean, they couldn't have always been good at this, and like everything else you have to practice on something, right?

I can draw pretty good myself, but do you know how many pieces of notebook paper I wasted in highschool getting there? (Or was I just wasted in highschool - LOL)

One thing I've always wondered - what do these guys practice on? I mean, they couldn't have always been good at this, and like everything else you have to practice on something, right?

i think they use pig skin.

think you can also use oranges, grapefruit, melons etc etc. but pig skin is probably the closest you can get to human flesh.

some places also sell synthetic flesh for practicing.

Edited by John

I can draw pretty good myself, but do you know how many pieces of notebook paper I wasted in highschool getting there? (Or was I just wasted in highschool - LOL)

They practice on their friends. lol, my brother owns a shop, and he's had a couple of kids come in and pay to be an apprentice, they come in, learn, and shoot some tats on their friends, and eventually they get to do simple tats on real customers and build their skill up.