Street titled YZ426 $2000

buildit

Stator issue fixed, brand new stator installed. Folks should have got it before, now it's a $2300 bike.

Yamaha YZ426, street title, baja kit installed and works on battery, had to reinstall stock stator, starts and runs. Got this before the 950se due to it's superior suspension and torque. Rode it several times at Perry, Dayton Dirt Riders and McArthur. It is a beast and lifts the front wheel in 3rd! Had to reinstall the stock stator two years ago when the electrosport stator went bad. Little did I know electrosport went belly up shortly after and the company that bought them out never honored the warranty.:( Since then I've barely ridden it and have decided to sell it. Cleaned the carb and jets, put a new tube in the rear, will have new oil and filter in it in the next few days (extra filter comes with bike), air filter looks great, new grips and I have an extra dirt take off rear to go with the bike.

So what's wrong? A slow leak oil leak that appears to be coming from the front sprocket gasket, there are typical scratches and faded graphics, patched tear in seat (see photo) and I've added some gear sticker bling. That's it! So it's a $1600 bike with a $600 lighting kit already installed, add a $200 stator and your totaly street legal. :dirtbike:

yz4262011.jpg

See the dark spot on the seat? That's the patch job.

yz4262011top.jpg

yz42620113.jpg

yz42620112.jpg

6'4" me riding it into the pit on a track I was working on.

mejumpingpit.jpg

Edited by buildit

oooh very nice

Thanks, it was bought and modified with the intent to make it my ultimate dual sport bike for rides around SE Ohio. If I hadn't bought the KTM 950se it would still be destined for that. But between the two the 950 is better suited for my size, riding style and ablilty. I used to joke the 426 was going to kill me with that MX throttle response that is like lighting a rocket! :eek:

I guess it's worth mentioning that by GPS I've had the bike up to 75 mph in case someone wants for a sumo bike.

Edited by buildit

I remember when I was still racing ATV's hot and heavy. We got one of these andripped it apart to get the carb and motor and threw it in a spare 250R we had... WOW! I dominated with that thing. Then the crf450 motors started showing up and it was a dog fight again. Then they outlawed the hi-brids and it was production only. Like anything we ever used was production except the cases.

Well, people finally got me motivated to recontact elestrosport about the warranty on the stator I returned. They now say they can honor it and will take a look at the paperwork.

So with luck I'll get a new stator installed, the bike will be 100% street legal again, and I can sell it for the money I have in the bike. :)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I had a bike just like this! They are awesome! Good luck with the sale.!

Thanks, Thinking I'm just going to keep it. Too much invested to sell it for what people wanna pay for a stock 426 that isn't street legal:rolleyes:.

• 4 weeks later...