Buying firearms. Stolen or legit?

jagr

My brother is an officer and has looked up a few for me... If this is something you are getting ready to purchase you can pm me the number and i will have him run it, i will actually be with him shooting tonight. Now everyone please understand i cannot blow him up for every Ohio Rider purchase but a few here and there he wouldnt mind.

• Upvote 1

...Now everyone please understand i cannot blow him up for every Ohio Rider purchase but a few here and there he wouldnt mind...

Why the hell not, slacker? He can one finger type whilst noshing on a cruller, no? :nono:

Kidding :) +Rep for being helpful.

Ask the seller to sign a dated bill of sale listing the serial# and with his driver's license or CHL # on it. If he refuses, that'd be at least a yellow if not red flag.

If the seller has an Ohio CHL, that's a fairly reliable indicator that he's law-abiding - at least he's not a convicted felon or a wife-beater.

My brother is an officer and has looked up a few for me... If this is something you are getting ready to purchase you can pm me the number and i will have him run it, i will actually be with him shooting tonight. Now everyone please understand i cannot blow him up for every Ohio Rider purchase but a few here and there he wouldnt mind.

Is for a lady I work with. She's getting her CcW. The pistol she has was given to her by an ex-husband and didn't wanna ride dirty now that she's legal.

I'll PM you the info as soon as I can get it if it's OK with you Bowdog.

I'll PM you the info as soon as I can get it if it's OK with you Bowdog.

No problem at all, like i said i will be with him tonight so can probably have you an answer by morning. If its later than today thats not a big deal just get it to me when you can and i will have him run it.

• Upvote 1

Its really dumb, but only cops with some connection and the FBI have access to the national stolen firearm list. Which is really really dumb because if someone trades or sells me (as a dealer) a gun that turns out to be stolen Im just out that money. Dealers should at least be able to go onto a website, punch in the SN and see if its been reported. Oh well, I guess the feds would rather spend their time and money sending guns to Mexico and the Honduras.

Ask the seller to sign a dated bill of sale listing the serial# and with his driver's license or CHL # on it. If he refuses, that'd be at least a yellow if not red flag.

If the seller has an Ohio CHL, that's a fairly reliable indicator that he's law-abiding - at least he's not a convicted felon or a wife-beater.

Thats exactly what I do. I make them sign a doc saying they are legally allowed to purchase a firearm with serial #, blah blah blah and I get a copy of all their info. Almost like my own personal ATF document. Then it goes in the safe.

This is off topic a little, but a relative of mine was driving down the road and came up on a bunch of cases, boxes etc. on the road, seen a guy stop to check it out and realized some of this stuff probably had firearms in it (gun cases etc...).

He could tell the guy who just stopped was just stopping to try and take something so he ran him off and put everything in his truck and went home (literally around the corner), he called the police to come out.

They came out and were complete d*cks to him and treated him as if he was trying to steal them. There was several various weapons from what he told me. he turns out a gun dealer had the back of his pickup truck topper or tailgate or whatever pop open and he lost several cases, boxes etc. of items and didnt notice it!

The police never thanked him, only treated him like a criminal even though he has never committed a crime in his life and has no record.

This is a true story and just in case anyone knows or has family in certain departments I will not say which it was but I have heard many stories about people on this department not being very nice to people. It is a city police dept. in Montgomery county though.

*This was a few years ago but not real long ago. I forget when cause I didn't hear about it until a bit after cause he thought he had told everyone, but I guess I wasn't one of them at first.