Bad324

Ohio's Popular Motorcycle Roads and Routes

15 hours ago, B-Mac said:

We completed a road survey of Ohio 255 and it feels fine. As was stated it has a nice rhythm and flow to it.

Ohio 255 Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEjJYabkgCM&t=6s

Great video.  And I really like where you mounted the camera.  Gives us a much better idea on the road conditions.  Thanks for sharing!

SR 676:

Sections of fast sweepers, scrape a peg and kiss your butt turns, moderate straights and technical curves. Runs from 555 to Ohio 7 in Marietta. 

On 7/29/2017 at 8:09 PM, cptchaos said:

OH-374 

Found this via Google because I was looking for something to practice on and what a great beginner road! Taking 33 east from pickerington, 374 is about 10 miles south of lancaster. It goes right up into Hocking hills in a shortish loop that you can either end at 33 on the southeast end via 188 or turn around and do it in reverse. For those not comfortable doing the epic ride, this is a good road to learn on I think. Out and back is about two hours. 

I expanded this to include 664 out of Nelsonville heading west and then picking up 374 and dumping out to about 10 miles south of Lancaster. For anyone on the southeast side of C-bus, this is a really nice, not too technical ride in the Hocking Hills area.

9 hours ago, cptchaos said:

I expanded this to include 664 out of Nelsonville heading west and then picking up 374 and dumping out to about 10 miles south of Lancaster. For anyone on the southeast side of C-bus, this is a really nice, not too technical ride in the Hocking Hills area.

Don't forget, 374 to Thompson Ridge. Also 278 & 356 all in the HH area.

8 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Don't forget, 374 to Thompson Ridge. Also 278 & 356 all in the HH area.

IS ONE OF THESE VIDEOS 278?

374-180/374-Thompson Ridge-56E-664E-374E-56E--278S-50E-356N-56S-691N-78

All great flowing roads. Some have new asphalt. They are fun fest during the weekday's?

On 6/5/2018 at 5:50 PM, B-Mac said:

374-180/374-Thompson Ridge-56E-664E-374E-56E--278S-50E-356N-56S-691N-78

All great flowing roads. Some have new asphalt. They are fun fest during the weekday's?

Going to ride this tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Howabusa said:

Going to ride this tomorrow.

Hi Kent, I just saw this. I am up for joining you if you would like a wing man . the Sunoco gas station is close to 374.   25381 Clear Creek Rd, Rockbridge, OH 43149. this is a common meet spot.

post or ring me if needed. 740-777-1154

Edited by B-Mac

Just a heads up, lots and lots of roads in that area are closed or have been closed in the past couple weeks due to flooding so keep an eye out for muddy/dirty roads. We are heading down over the weekend and several of our normal roads are closed right now. There's a cool app that shows road closures and seems to be updated frequently. OHGO

Have fun!

Edited by Mary#17
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 7:11 AM, B-Mac said:

Hi Kent, I just saw this. I am up for joining you if you would like a wing man . the Sunoco gas station is close to 374.   25381 Clear Creek Rd, Rockbridge, OH 43149. this is a common meet spot.

post or ring me if needed. 740-777-1154

I didn’t make it to this route. Soon, B-Mac.

On 7/29/2017 at 8:09 PM, cptchaos said:

OH-374 

Found this via Google because I was looking for something to practice on and what a great beginner road! Taking 33 east from pickerington, 374 is about 10 miles south of lancaster. It goes right up into Hocking hills in a shortish loop that you can either end at 33 on the southeast end via 188 or turn around and do it in reverse. For those not comfortable doing the epic ride, this is a good road to learn on I think. Out and back is about two hours. 

I think you mean 180.  188, while a nice fast sweeper road, is no where near the area.  Also, don’t end there.  The best part of 374 is the next section a few miles west on 180 that runs south past rock house to 664. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know a good/fun route from Columbus to Springfield/Dayton or do most of the roads between Dayton and Columbus suck? 

Depends. Are you riding a stretched out, lowered drag bike?  Then I guess you could ride route 40 a quarter-mile at a time. But the real answer is no.  There are no good roads in the flatlands.

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 1