Ohio's Popular Motorcycle Roads and Routes

Bad324

15 hours ago, B-Mac said:

We completed a road survey of Ohio 255 and it feels fine. As was stated it has a nice rhythm and flow to it.

Ohio 255 Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEjJYabkgCM&t=6s

Great video.  And I really like where you mounted the camera.  Gives us a much better idea on the road conditions.  Thanks for sharing!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/29/2017 at 8:09 PM, cptchaos said:

OH-374 

Found this via Google because I was looking for something to practice on and what a great beginner road! Taking 33 east from pickerington, 374 is about 10 miles south of lancaster. It goes right up into Hocking hills in a shortish loop that you can either end at 33 on the southeast end via 188 or turn around and do it in reverse. For those not comfortable doing the epic ride, this is a good road to learn on I think. Out and back is about two hours. 

I expanded this to include 664 out of Nelsonville heading west and then picking up 374 and dumping out to about 10 miles south of Lancaster. For anyone on the southeast side of C-bus, this is a really nice, not too technical ride in the Hocking Hills area.

9 hours ago, cptchaos said:

I expanded this to include 664 out of Nelsonville heading west and then picking up 374 and dumping out to about 10 miles south of Lancaster. For anyone on the southeast side of C-bus, this is a really nice, not too technical ride in the Hocking Hills area.

Don't forget, 374 to Thompson Ridge. Also 278 & 356 all in the HH area.

• Upvote 1

374-180/374-Thompson Ridge-56E-664E-374E-56E--278S-50E-356N-56S-691N-78

All great flowing roads. Some have new asphalt. They are fun fest during the weekday's?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 5:50 PM, B-Mac said:

All great flowing roads. Some have new asphalt. They are fun fest during the weekday's?

Going to ride this tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Howabusa said:

Going to ride this tomorrow.

Hi Kent, I just saw this. I am up for joining you if you would like a wing man . the Sunoco gas station is close to 374.   25381 Clear Creek Rd, Rockbridge, OH 43149. this is a common meet spot.

post or ring me if needed. 740-777-1154

Edited by B-Mac

Just a heads up, lots and lots of roads in that area are closed or have been closed in the past couple weeks due to flooding so keep an eye out for muddy/dirty roads. We are heading down over the weekend and several of our normal roads are closed right now. There's a cool app that shows road closures and seems to be updated frequently. OHGO

Have fun!

Edited by Mary#17
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 7:11 AM, B-Mac said:

Hi Kent, I just saw this. I am up for joining you if you would like a wing man . the Sunoco gas station is close to 374.   25381 Clear Creek Rd, Rockbridge, OH 43149. this is a common meet spot.

post or ring me if needed. 740-777-1154

I didn’t make it to this route. Soon, B-Mac.

On 7/29/2017 at 8:09 PM, cptchaos said:

OH-374 

Found this via Google because I was looking for something to practice on and what a great beginner road! Taking 33 east from pickerington, 374 is about 10 miles south of lancaster. It goes right up into Hocking hills in a shortish loop that you can either end at 33 on the southeast end via 188 or turn around and do it in reverse. For those not comfortable doing the epic ride, this is a good road to learn on I think. Out and back is about two hours. 

I think you mean 180.  188, while a nice fast sweeper road, is no where near the area.  Also, don’t end there.  The best part of 374 is the next section a few miles west on 180 that runs south past rock house to 664. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Depends. Are you riding a stretched out, lowered drag bike?  Then I guess you could ride route 40 a quarter-mile at a time. But the real answer is no.  There are no good roads in the flatlands.

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 2

• 1 year later...
On 6/5/2018 at 5:50 PM, B-Mac said:

I rode this today in reverse, but skipped Thompson Ridge. It was an awesome route. It would have been even better if all the roads were dry. I will definitely be riding this again. Thanks for the route Brian.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Attention in the break room. 🙂

Route 329 from Glouster to Amesville to Stewert, Ohio has fresh Chip & Sealer on the surface. It will take a month to get road worthy. (IMHO)☹️

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2011 at 9:24 AM, Bad324 said:

Rode this from Canton area to 7 and back twice in the last month.  Road conditions were the best I have seen on a road this long.  Especially at the south end, lots of new asphalt, very smooth.

• Upvote 2

• 9 months later...

Rode 151 East out of Jewett to Rt 7. Pretty nice road. If you’re in the area definitely worth the ride. The only problem is once you hit 7 I’m not sure what the best connector would be to continue South. If you head north 213 is a possibility. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
10 hours ago, AlanSmith7 said:

This is really thrilling and informative. Very Nice Thank you so much for sharing this. Can you please share more Ohio’s?

Everything east of Tar Hollow, South and east of Lancaster, east of Newark/Granville, East of Mohican State Forest. Zoom in to the map and puck some windy routes and GO!

Hard to go wrong even if you go out with no plan and just loosely looking at the naps tongwt your bearings on the twisty bits 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1