My debit card got hacked. Anybody track the IP address?

RSparky

Alright, the douche bought a $10 lure from sportivestore.cc.

First off, weird name for a store. I don't even know how to fish, so I know it wasn't a drunken thing.

I saw it on my bank, and knew it wasn't me. So I went to the site, got their contact info, and called. A guy with a thick Indian(?) accent fixed me up. Told me the return would be processed soon. He also gave me their IP address.

Which is 69.133.106.212. Or so I think. It's hard to read off the napkin I wrote it on.

Also, he gave me the email the guy used: robert.d_starks@securemailhost.info

Here's another weird thing. My name is Robert Sparks. But... DP&L has it on their bills as Robert Starks. So, I'm slightly paranoid that somebody there stole my info. I've used my debit card to pay them before.

I called my bank and got them to send me a new card. Can't cancel mine yet, cuz I'd be broke...

Any PI's or computer nerds wanna help me track this douchebag?:bow:

If the dude is smart the shipping address will be a box at a UPS store or similar place. Have you turned the info over to the bank they have fraud departments. Do you have identity theft insurance? I prefer zander insurance. You would be amazed how much info people can get off the internet about you. I proved this to a friend one day. She thought she was totally secure. I pulled her all her personal info in minutes. Public records are grand. Internet has gotten a little better since I did this in 02

Edited by crb

I get a roadrunner customer in Dayton. I don't see a domain for securemailhost.info

Who is DP&L?

Just so you know - if your bank gives you your money back then you are no longer a victim and have no legal standing to pursue it. I got ripped off for $3k and my CC company caught it and refunded me. The bank that the scammer actually got money out of (kiting convenience checks) was left with nothing to go on. My CC company wouldn't deal with the. I even requested a copy of the forged check from the CC company so I could give it the victim bank.

It came up Dayton for me....

I got Dayton too. Also "securemailhost.info" doesn't even come up as

a valid DNS record, the name shows "available" when you search on it.

69.133.106.212 IP address location & more: IP address [?]: 69.133.106.212 [Whois] [Reverse IP] IP country code: US IP address country: us.pngUnited States IP address state: Ohio IP address city: Dayton IP postcode: 45415 IP address latitude: 39.8352 IP address longitude: -84.2550 ISP of this IP [?]: Road Runner Organization: Road Runner Host of this IP: [?]: cpe-69-133-106-212.woh.res.rr.com[Whois] [Trace] Local time in United States: 2011-08-16 21:13

Edited by SWing'R

I had the exact same thing happen to me, different front. I had a $9.90 debit card charge from rushaction.co. A quick Google found that I was not the only one:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/bbbconsumeralert/tag/rushaction-co/

http://denver.bbb.org/article/consumers-hit-with-mysterious-charges-from-online-store-28315

I'm sure nothing was ordered, the products don't actually exist, and someone either got my card number from some internet transaction or just a random number generator.

P.S. Feel free to eff with them, their number is 719-582-5570

Edited by brn6604

it was supposed to ship to my house. but, if there was no product, then it was all a scam? as in, i still won't get my "refund" from mister helpful?

DP&L is dayton power and light, the electric company.

Edited by RSparky

it was supposed to ship to my house. but, if there was no product, then it was all a scam? as in, i still won't get my "refund" from mister helpful?

Are you being serious? I hope you didn't give them any more info than they already had. I contacted no one but my bank with my issue. I even set my browser to "in-private browsing" before I checked out their website.

First off, weird name for a store. I don't even know how to fish, so I know it wasn't a drunken thing.

Here's another weird thing. My name is Robert Sparks. But... DP&L has it on their bills as Robert Starks. So, I'm slightly paranoid that somebody there stole my info. I've used my debit card to pay them before.

Who is DP&L?

Double Penetration and Lube.

I wouldn't have contacted then in the first place if it wasn't you I would have contacted your bank. Twice with one bank I had money taken out of my account when somebody else withdrew money out of the atm. That was a fight to get fixed the first time because I had to convince them to pull thr atm camera video. After the second time I found a new bank. This could be a bank error although I doubt it.

always contact the bank first! never the site the card # was used on

I had a waitress from Olive Garden steal my debit card # in april.. first 1 small trans. then a few days latter all hell broke loose.... called/ went directly to the bank.. fixed in 20 min. the bank just reverses the charges

lady at the bank said it happens ALL the time.

Did they catch her?

no she was "let go" before it all went down

used my card there on the 8th .. first charge hit my card on the 15th .. five days later my account went nuts the 21st called OG .. she no longer worked there..

I cannot prove it was her -------- I just KNOW it was. OG manager didn't seem too surprized either.

well shiite. yes a new card is on the way. i just cant turn off mine cuz i dont really do cash and checks and stuff... :/

Didn't give then any extra information, just asked about shit. They already had my address.

Edited by RSparky

A few months ago my account got overdrawn, they got a little over $2000 out of my account. It supposedly went to a website based out of Great Britain and the messed up thing was the site didn't exist yet said it was under construction. Took the bank about a month to do the whole fraud investigation and refund my funds.

Ok guys heres the routine. Most likely your card info was stolen either off your pooter or a shady net purchase or puchase at a shady location. The reason for the small charge is that allot of times they are selling your card info to someone else and to validate the card info is not fake, the buy some small item over the web. They dont give a shit what it is but its usually under the $10-$20 mark so as not to catch interest on your bill.

After that, they will typically start buying big shit.

Youve already got a new card so you should be good to go. If youre concerned, run a credit report on yourself to see if it was just a card # issue or if you have identity theft. Typically you woulndt find out about identity theft until collections companies start calling you.

Take a breath and chill out. Youve got your money back, and learned a lesson. Youre not going to track some guy down over a $10 charge. Hell I loose more change then that in a week.

just try and get your money back dont bother tracing the ip cause i can assure you he is running his server in dayton at best and not running his computer. Or possibly his proxy is hosted there. No real way to track them but if you get an address you can get the tracking number of the package and give him a present when he picks it up. :)