Rossi not riding Motegi because of radiation

Casper

they interviewed all the guys before the race sunday. I'm pretty sure it was stoner said he was also opting out because they just found out his wife was pregnant.

Moto gp says the race will happen just not sure how large the grid will be beacuse of conflicting reports on the radiation.

i wonder if the little stoner will look like a monkey like its dad or an attractive model like its mom.

i didn't read the article but from reports i've seen the amount of radiation is less than that of an xray they get 3-10 times a year anyway. if mrs stoner is preggers though, i can see why she wouldn't want to go.

I think this is ridiculous. Makes me wonder if some of it is ulterior motives - i.e. Stoner has a big points lead, one less race is better for him; Rossi hating life anyway. All this "We for Japan" and they can't spend two days in a place with trace radiation. Leave the pregnant wife at home, bring your own food and drink, toss your clothes and take a shower when you get back.

• Upvote 1

I think this is ridiculous. Makes me wonder if some of it is ulterior motives - i.e. Stoner has a big points lead, one less race is better for him; Rossi hating life anyway. All this "We for Japan" and they can't spend two days in a place with trace radiation. Leave the pregnant wife at home, bring your own food and drink, toss your clothes and take a shower when you get back.

I'm with him!

they interviewed all the guys before the race sunday. I'm pretty sure it was stoner said he was also opting out because they just found out his wife was pregnant.

Moto gp says the race will happen just not sure how large the grid will be beacuse of conflicting reports on the radiation.

I thought that clip of Stoner was weeks or months old. Didn't they follow it with a more recent clip of him saying that he would reconsider?

I don't fault the guy for being concerned about his wife and unborn child, but the simple solution seems to be, "leave them at home for the weekend."

But I do think it's pretty irresponsible of Dorna to subject riders to unsafe conditions.

This could really eff with the championship though. Say Stoner is serious, and Lorenzo shows up and wins. that's a 25 point swing in the championship.

But I do think it's pretty irresponsible of Dorna to subject riders to unsafe conditions.

Its not unsafe. There was an independent investigation which concluded that motegi and the surrounding towns are completely safe. The food and water is also completely safe.

There was more background radiation at sachsenring in germany than there is at motegi. Why didnt these pussies boycot that race?

Its not unsafe. There was an independent investigation which concluded that motegi and the surrounding towns are completely safe. The food and water is also completely safe.

There was more background radiation at sachsenring in germany than there is at motegi. Why didnt these pussies boycot that race?

who paid for this "independent" investigation?

The Japanese gov't? Dorna? both have a vested interest in the racing being run.

Unless the riders hire their own investigators and also find that it's safe, why would they believe someone who stands to make money off a finding of safety?

But assuming the study is accurate, I hope Stoner does boycott and Lorenzo wins it. That will make the championship race a lot more interesting!

Yeah, cause no one would ever fudge the results in an independent study. :rolleyes: