Seat Reupholstered

Jamez

So I've really been wanting to start a little side business of redoing seats.

I do occasionally recondition seats at work and that's on $150K cars so I don't see why I can't do it at home. I'm not just some random guy that thinks he can do seats, I've done them plenty of times just never a motorcycle seat.

I can do leather/vinyl/whatever. Here's the problem, I don't need my seat done. Its in perfect condition.

So I'm willing to recondition someones seat if anyone needs it free of charge but YOU buy the material.

I'm willing to buy the material as well, but it'll be a cheaper material if I buy it.

Someone want to be my guinnea pig?

I can't promise that it will be perfect, I've never done a cycle seat before but I feel pretty confident

I won't BS you and ill do my best if you'll help spread the word here for me obviously if it turns out to your satisfaction.

* I've never worked on RcTaylors bike or Jollymons and id never ask them to do anything they didn't want to or made them uncomfortable but hopefully they can vouch for me that I'm a standup guy

Edited by Jamez

I can add foam but probably not make it too much wider.

I don't need the whole bike, I just need the seat

From now on when I reupholster/recondition a seat ill take pics so people can see

Jamez you probably already know this but, if you recover a seat for a bike you might want to wrap the foam in plastic before you wrap it in material in case the water gets to the foam it wont act like a big ole sponge

Yeah, depends on the chosen material and seat configuration but I do appreciate it.

That would suck by the way, but you wouldn't have to take a water bottle with you when you ride, you could just wring out your seat-eew

No takers by the way?

I can do carbon weave as well! You know you want that!

( salespitch)

Seriously though I understand peoples concern. Last thing I want is somebody to mess anything on my bike up.

Edited by Jamez

Yeah, depends on the chosen material and seat configuration but I do appreciate it.

That would suck by the way, but you wouldn't have to take a water bottle with you when you ride, you could just wring out your seat-eew

No takers by the way?

I can do carbon weave as well! You know you want that!

( salespitch)

Seriously though I understand peoples concern. Last thing I want is somebody to mess anything on my bike up.

i have the stock seat off a street glide that has no cover.

i was gonna trim the foam up some to try something out with it.

id love to have it covered. if you mess it up, no skin off my back as i have a seat for my bike already. this was just gonna be little experiment for me. Pm me if you want to cover it. we can set something up

I am looking for someone to work on mine as we speak. The bike is a show winner and could get you some recognition. Let me know.

I'd be looking for something fairly exotic. My last one was a Danny Gray seat with Shark inlay's. Looking for something similar.

gee I thought I called dids ... guess I wasn't clear enough

I have an extra seat for that VF500 if you are Positive you dont need the bike I can send it your way.

here's an idea of what I want

vf500fcorbin2.jpg

seatvf500frr.jpg

Griptexinserts-vf500flf.jpg

Edited by Big3

Well I PMd "big3" cause technically he called dibs

But if there's a reason he can't or this won't work Hoblick is next on the list.

If I do wind up doing big3s seat the mabe we can still work something out Hoblick.

I tried posting a few pics of seats I've done IN CARS but I can't upload pics so if someone sends me their email address ill send you pics and mabe you can post them for me.

Gears are turning...we've been in contact and exchanged pics of a seat I just did and talked a little

IF I can do it ill try to be quick so I can get you guys some feedback.

By the way Big3, nice guy