I want back on my bike!

Scruit

Have doc appt on monday the 8th to review the progress I've made with my physio since I broke and sprained my ankle ~5 weeks ago. I'm hoping he'll clearme to drive stick, and explain what criteria he'd use to deem me fit to ride again. I'm hoping it's not something like; 'Your ankle has to be strong enough to save the bike from tipping over on your weak side.'

:cry:

He can tell me if my ankle is strong enough to support the weight of the bike, or is repetitive dorsiflexion from upshifts will cause problems with the ligaments that cross to front of my ankle (the ligaments that hurt like a mofo when they are used during physio)

doctor....whats a doctor? Mine hates me because for the last 15 years I've ignored pretty much all advice given when it included "don't play baseball/softball with that shoulder" or "you should take a season off of basketball because of your knee"

Put it this way, if you can safely operate the bike put yourself outta your misery and take it for a quick spin :D

A few years ago about 2 weeks before my motorcycle Ohio course I broke my arm in a quad accident. I showed up to class in a cast, they looked at me like I was nuts and asked me if the DR. ok me riding I told them no but was still going to take the class. Then they asked if I was going to be able to operate the bike safely, I said I'll try. Long story kinda short, I passed with flying colors actually the highest score in the class 100%. If you feel like you can handle it, go for it. Ride a short distance and see how it feels. If its not too awful ride more just don't hurt yourself cause you want back on. On a side note my DR was pissed when I showed back up to the office with my cast packed with mud from hill climbing and flipping the quad.