Canton Officer Suspended over CCW incident

saralynn518

I highly recommend watching the entire video even though it is long. This cop is completely out of control. Numerous mistakes were made on the end of the officers, but this is just insane! Article is after the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/akron_canton_news/video-gets-a-canton-police-officer-in-trouble-on-the-job#

And here is the head-up-his-ass city councilman responding to this incident. Apparently if you are going to be in a horrible neighborhood late at night, having a weapon to protect yourself makes NO sense. Why it's just absurd according to him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBfpBxY2J00

The first vid is a repost ( http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=80263 )

but that post didn't have the second video, so I think we'll go easy on ya ;)

Also, this should probably have been posted in the Firearms forum. I'm sure it will

get moved to there by a mod.

NOTE: The second vid is Audio only. Btw, what an ass that guy is. Guess Canton's

full of them :dunno:

Edited by SWing'R

It just kills me (better watch what I say, that first jackass will be more then happy to make that happen with his glock 40 and the 10 rounds he has (fuckin barney))...

Everyone knows what a tool the cop is by now, but now the councilman deserves the same as the cop. Fired! Not suspended with pay? What is that anyway. Is that a pat on the back for doing a shitty job and a better luck next try?

the "arming of our citizens" is a bad thing? As soon as this guy said that, I knew I wasn't going to agree with much that followed.

Could be media bias, and it could be that I just don't read much news, but my inclination is to believe that the occurrences of violence from people licensed to carry are far fewer than incidents with people who AREN'T licensed to carry. :rolleyes:

My mother-in-law wasn't pleased with the change allowing people to carry in bars. I informed her that the establishment was still free to put the little "no firearms" sign on the door, but also suggested that if those prevent criminals from bringing guns into the establishment, it would be much simpler to just have a "no criminals" sign instead.

The council man is a highly regarded attorney around here and thats the scary part about it.

and come to hear the family attorney is now partners with this guy and thats a problem...

here is one of the emails sent to him from out of state.:

An email referred to Harless as a “stormtrooper of death molesting the Concealed Carry citizen. When you pigz are kidnapped off the street by citizen tactical teams and getting their throats slit on youtube, then will you admit, finally, that you have a problem in Canton? What will it take?”

:lol:

The first vid is a repost ( http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=80263 )

but that post didn't have the second video' date=' so I think we'll go easy on ya ;)

Also, this should probably have been posted in the Firearms forum. I'm sure it will

get moved to there by a mod.

NOTE: The second vid is Audio only. Btw, what an ass that guy is. Guess Canton's

full of them :dunno:

Eh repost schmepost. Why do we have a Firearms section on a motorcycle forum? Just sayin' ;) Eh, call me lazy. I didn't bother to research out forums lol.

The councilman claiming that this citizen legally carrying a gun is part of the problem is nothing more than an attempt at political deflection. He is trying to take some of the attention off the police dept. Angling to 'share' blame is a pretty typical lawyer tactic.

The CCW guy didn't fire a weapon or even show it.

I dropped Mr Schulman a short note-

"You are entitled to your opinions, but the facts argue against your personal beliefs. Try some investigation before opening yourself up to the type of scrutiny you now face.

As far as the officers involved in the 'viral video' of which you spoke in your rant, I personally have many stand up law abiding acquaintances who live in or work in Canton. Many have said the actions they saw taken by the officers were not uncommon in Canton. Perhaps instead of ranting about gun laws and taking the attention away from the incident in the 'viral video' you might better serve your community by helping correct the problem at hand in your city."

Here is his email address-

allen.schulman@cantonohio.gov

Did we hear the councilman say, in a nieborhood full of drugs and prostitution. And that deuchebag cop lets a pimp and a hooker walk while he harrases and threatens a law abbiding tax paying citizen. And he called his victim yes that man was a victim, numb nuts. I saw three criminals on that video, one was wearing a badge.

Eh repost schmepost. Why do we have a Firearms section on a motorcycle forum? Just sayin' ;) Eh, call me lazy. I didn't bother to research out forums lol.

We should make some sort of search function that does the reSEARCH for you....

Wow, I might be wrong, but I would think that citizen could be suing the shit out of Canton PD right now, or whatever that asshole cop was part of... He was basically threatened and told he would be harassed every time the cop saw his vehicle.

I didn't watch the second video because the first was enough. I have been pulled over three times carrying, I did everything right, but those cops did everything NOT by the book. As a matter of fact there are so many errors, that any PD reviewing that dash cam would fire an office right away for it.

Anyways, hope that citizen gets a fat check from Canton, and that officer ends up working the graveyard in the local jail.

Wow, I might be wrong, but I would think that citizen could be suing the shit out of Canton PD right now, or whatever that asshole cop was part of... He was basically threatened and told he would be harassed every time the cop saw his vehicle.

I didn't watch the second video because the first was enough. I have been pulled over three times carrying, I did everything right, but those cops did everything NOT by the book. As a matter of fact there are so many errors, that any PD reviewing that dash cam would fire an office right away for it.

Anyways, hope that citizen gets a fat check from Canton, and that officer ends up working the graveyard in the local jail.

Based on how 'quick' the driver appeared to be not so sure he would figure out he was sitting on a cash cow....LOL

Based on how 'quick' the driver appeared to be not so sure he would figure out he was sitting on a cash cow....LOL

Doesn't need to be a genius to see all the lawyers that will be beating his door down to represent him.

I cant believe what I just saw..... The guy even had his hands on the steering wheel like you should when being pulled over with a ccw.... couldnt even get any words out....got illegally searched and then harrassed and sounded like he got beat a little.....omg.... yeah he might have not been bright and thats possibly why he was in the area to begin with but he did nothing wrong.......

If I was him I would have spoke up more regardless of being told to shut up though!

BUT. In no way is there any excuse for the Officers behavior! Couldn't believe how he said something about should have pulled his .40 and dropped him there executing him. Asked him if he wanted him to pull his and put it to his head..... wow....

Then a council member was complaining about people calling and emailing his office about this. he said people that do not live there have no business in this matter (something like that).

The council man is a highly regarded attorney around here and thats the scary part about it.

and come to hear the family attorney is now partners with this guy and thats a problem...

"I've heard" that guy is a pure political duesh bag and runs city council like Hilter and his cronies.

and after hearing his Ruger at 1:30 in the morning comment I agree. I'll send him a letter.