honda blackbird any good?

desmohead

the guy's only got 11 posts - may want to ease up on the "inside" jokes from other threads!

how do you plan to ride? The blackbird is kind of a pig of a bike by today's standards, but it had a great engine, as far as I know.

Would probably make a good sport-tourer for longer trips on straight roads.

I view the XX as the Busa's retarded cousin...and the Busa ain't exactly the sharpest tac on the wall.

Pauly's very opinionated' date=' but knows what he's talking about when it comes to bikes.

the guy's only got 11 posts - may want to ease up on the "inside" jokes from other threads!

how do you plan to ride? The blackbird is kind of a pig of a bike by today's standards, but it had a great engine, as far as I know.

Would probably make a good sport-tourer for longer trips on straight roads.

i agree with the sport tourer.. not so much for twistys but imsure it could handle more than most can do.. you canalso pick them up for a decent price..

i really like the looks of them too.

These two are the nicer way of saying the same thing that Pauly did.

I'm surprised that Hon-duh would be in the vocabulary of someone with Desmo in their screenname! :D

Any blackbird people here?

i need the real assesment/judgement/feedback

TIA

Bruce R

I don't own one, but know for sure that in the right hands they handle just fine. Ohio 26 is a decently twisty road and one blackbird rider showed me how to do it right. Very nimble - I was surprised.

Nice classy looking sport tourer.

I've never heard anyone who owned a blackbird not like it, but it really depends on what you're coming from and what you expect it to do.

I thought my '93 F2 was the shit the first time I rode it. All relative. I still have nothing bad to say about that bike, but now I have perspective about how far technology has come (and i'm talking about demo riding an '08 R6 - not my '03 honda).

I personally like riding on our xx's, they are comfortable enough to take the long ride and not be too sore the next day, it handles the twisties around home just fine and has the pace to keep with newer bikes. Not to mention they can be found at reasonable prices.

Bluetooth stereo comment was directed at me....

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my XX...

Handles great for a big bike, neary zero maintenece (tires, oil, and fuel, you're pretty well set), Super cheap power (pulls like a freight train past 6000 rpm), Nice looks, Very comfy for a sport bike, Good Ergonomics, corbin seat is amazing...

only complaint i have is the continuous cct lifter getting noisy problem...

cct lifter gets noisy (sounds like a bag of marbles) still works fine, just makes unsettling noises... needed replaced after 2 seasons, finally put a X-11 CCT lifter on it and it's not been a problem since.

More specific questions are needed. I have owned a CBR1100XX, a GSX1300R and a ZX12R. They are too many differences to address without more specifics on your intended use.

Short answer is for me the busa fit better, handled better and rode better. The Honda has no "flaws" but doesn't do anything really well. They are rock steady reliable just not awe-inspiring. They look twice as good as a busa but I would buy a busa over one any day.

Up side is they should be rather cheap today. They handle rather well considering and was a favorite of mine back when they were out. I really liked the ZX12 a bunch, but couldn't get around the horrible looks.

I feel the CCT mentioned is a big deal and was at that time for nearly all Honda sportbikes.

HATE the linked braking. Total trash. Heavy, but as a sport tourer, it works great. Not the fastest thing anymore, but understand that the newer sport tourers like Busas and the Kawasaki, they have a more modern chassis and will handle SLIGHTLY better. Not by much though.

My opinion is the price will outweigh what those newer bikes offer. The design is classy and if you get a good one, they will stand the test of time in regards to looks.