2007 Ducati 1098s

FasDuc

Ducati 1098S; Black w/red frame, 6,800 mi, Red DP silicone hose kit, Ohlins 25mm race valve/spring kit.

I bought this bike new in "07" and it saw only street miles that year which is a majority of the 6,800. I tracked the bike in "07" and "08" and did have a minor low side at Barber. The bike suffered only cosmetic damage which has been fixed. It is now back to 100% stock condition except for the hose kit and fork internals. It's wearing Michelin power race shoes which are a little roughed up from track use but still have plenty of meat left for street duty. I still owe about 5K on it and a payoff amount will need to be established if someone is interested in the bike. I need to sell the bike to ease some financial strain but I'm not willing to take a bath on it either.

Edited by FasDuc

Very niiice.

Pic taken at the clubhouse ?

Yep, just got it back to stock and waxed up. I can't believe I'm not even getting offers on this bike, not even on craigslist. Maybe the economy really is that bad...:dunno:

i think he was saying that in this economy, a lot people dont have the funds laying around to drop on expensive luxuries.....i dont think he was saying your bike is a toilet, just that if someone is toilet shopping for their house, they are more likely to pick up a $300 toilet than a $13k granite bidet ....theres always a buyer out there, just might take a bit longer ....harder to sell a ferrari than a civic

its a gorgeous bike, goodluck with the sale! if i had the funds i would pick it up in a heartbeat

i think he was saying that in this economy, a lot people dont have the funds laying around to drop on expensive luxuries.....i dont think he was saying your bike is a toilet, just that if someone is toilet shopping for their house, they are more likely to pick up a $300 toilet than a $13k granite bidet ....theres always a buyer out there, just might take a bit longer ....harder to sell a ferrari than a civic

its a gorgeous bike, goodluck with the sale! if i had the funds i would pick it up in a heartbeat

Um, ok.....That's a strange analogy though.

I can't believe I'm not even getting offers on this bike, not even on craigslist. Maybe the economy really is that bad...:dunno:

If I had 13K I would be looking at the BMW 1000RR (brand new) or another new bike. What was the original msrp on that thing?

If I had 13K I would be looking at the BMW 1000RR (brand new) or another new bike. What was the original msrp on that thing?

I hear ya, it's definitely a bike for someone that's into Ducatis. I paid around 25k with the Termi race pipe, tax, title etc. MSRP was like 21k if you were to buy one stock as I have mine now.

BTW to everyone, I will work with anyone seriously interested in buying the bike. Things are always negotiable.

Nobody...really? No one wants to at least come look at this bike? This is the chance to own a Ducati SuperBike for the same money as a gixer, r1, zx etc.

Its a great bike, but I sold my 1098 NON S with 2400 miles for 9K LAST YEAR...

12 isn't bad but its not great either.. You can get an 1198 for 16,500 or new 848 EVO for 12,995

Yours would probably sell for 10 - 11... Good luck.

A Ferrari 430 Modena is a great deal for $20k, but that doesn't mean any more of us have $20k lying around to spend.

What's the next most expensive bike you've seen on this site? That's the audience you're dealing with, and the vast majority of us already have bikes. How many people spend $12k on a second bike? If the had the cash laying around, they would have bought what they wanted the first time...

It's not a knock on your bike or your price, but like someone else said, it's easier to sell a civic than a ferrari. More accessible.

This is the chance to own a Ducati SuperBike for the same money as a gixer, r1, zx etc.

Two years ago you could buy a new 2008 Honda CBR1000RR for $7,000 from any dealer. Not quite the same money as $12K.

Great bike you are selling, poor time to be selling a premium non essential vehicle.

• 2 months later...