DUCATI: The Harley of sportbikes?

Hoblick

Weren't some HD sales techniques leaked last year?

Like having a hot chick start chatting you up, by coincidence, at the place the sales person told you to stop for gas on the demo ride?

This is bad because.......???

They can chat all they want still doesn't mean I'm getting a HD! :D

compute the horsepower per liter, or better yet, horsepower per dollar.

(actually I'm legitimately intrigued by what the result of both of those might be. If i get some free time at work, I may throw some rough figures at it)

Mine may not the best example as it's the aircooled 1000ds engine. It's a bit low on power compared to the equivelant watercooled superbike. Mines 1000cc putting 86hp and 66ftlbs to the tire. Cost me 12k new in the spring of 2008.

Significant difference overlooked in this thread:

• Nipples on the bitch on the back of a Ducati - north of her navel, pointing forward
  • Nipples on the bitch on the back of a Harley - south of her waistline, pointed at her feet

Please continue...

you havent seen my wife then :D

Hoblick is as much a typical HD owner as I am a typical Ducati owner. However' date=' I don't think the stereotype fits the application. I find there are 2 types of motorcycle people, regardless of type, brand, whatevs...

Actual riders, and people that happen to own a motorcycle.[/quote']

agreed!

its just funny i think how the stereotypes go.

only reason i brought this topic up

You trash Ducs,because you can't afford one?

I must defend my Duc's honor!!! She's a 1999 750SS, (two valve, not a lot of HP). But I paid 2K for her in 2007, she Kelly Bluebooked at 5k then, now keep In mind my first track is later this year, so I can't (won't) comment on that, but from a maintenance standpoint, I have only had her at the dealership to change the oil in the forks, I did the valve shims and belts myself, and it was pretty easy!

And yes I know that was a VERY long sentence!!!

The person I bought her off of only road her a season. And claimed the previous PO bought her and rode

Her up the rode and was scared of

It!! Lol. I've been on smaller bikes that had more pull!!

My advice... ride different kinds of bikes when you get an opportunity! Every bike has different characteristics that might resonate with you. I love the low down torque found with a v twin for street riding... but love the big HP and smoothness of 4's for track days. I'd probably love a triple too... What matters is if you like what you got! Multiple bikes doesn't hurt either! :-)

Coming in late to the party...still on page 3, but that's just damn hilarious.

I only see 2 pages. :dunno:

My advice... ride different kinds of bikes when you get an opportunity! Every bike has different characteristics that might resonate with you. I love the low down torque found with a v twin for street riding... but love the big HP and smoothness of 4's for track days. I'd probably love a triple too... What matters is if you like what you got! Multiple bikes doesn't hurt either! :-)

Good advice! I should take a ride on a piece of butt jewelry if I get a chance, to see what it's all about.

i have ridden all kinds of bikes

i have probably ridden bikes from all makes

and if i had tons of money id own soooo many different bikes

a hyper moto or Aprilla RSV for dickiing aroud

a 848 or new zx6r or R6 for the track

a Vrod Muscle for burnouts lol

Street Bob as a bar hopper type bike

ktm adventure 990 for some offroading

i could go on and on

My advice... ride different kinds of women when you get an opportunity! Every woman has different characteristics that might resonate with you. I love the low down torque found with twin sisters for street riding... but love the big booty and smoothness of anal sex for track days. I'd probably love a triple Cleveland Steamer too... What matters is if you like what you got! Multiple hookers doesn't hurt either! :-)

Fixed :D