Man robs bank for $1 to get medical care in jail

Casper

Am i the only one who thinks that if for whatever reason I ever became homeless that I would do this exact thing just to go to jail. can't be that bad in a county jail. now i am not saying state prison.. just county to get a good meal...

can't be that bad in a county jail.

you'd be wrong.

in franklin county if your sentence is less than 6 mos, you are on the first floor. first floor is not too bad.

if your sentence is 6mos or more you are upstairs. you do not want to be upstairs.

i read an article about him the other day. IIRC he worked somewhere for like 20 years, got laid off, picked up another job that basically paid squat, then got sick.

This does not surprise me at all.

Nor does it surprise me that it comes back to a universal healthcare debate.

I come from a country with universal healthcare and it is crap.

I live in a country where I pay and get excellent care.

I make the choice of putting my healthcare before my cigarettes and alcohol, latest fashion etc.

Maybe if we taxed the rich a tiny bit more

maybe if the 50% of the country that pay fuckall in taxes put something into the pot

Maybe if we made the welfare spongers do some kind of work (I know a guy who had a motorcycle accident and will never walk again who went back to work, I also know a guy whos back hurts and claims he cant sit or stand for more than 20 mins, gets full disability and guess what?????? he sits in a cinema for 4 hours a day watching the latest movies) then we could divert extra money from there to healthcare

Perhaps all those lovely illegal immigrants that love to march 500,000 strong in LA under a foreign flag were to stop recieving billions in benefits, stop taking jobs from Americans, and stop deflating wages we would have even more to put in.

And what if everybody was to stop feeling so entitled and actually realize that hey, life aint free heres my bit!

And what if the healthcare companies turned from gouging into a non profit leaner outfit!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure we could all find areas to divert the money from to pay for it, but then would it end up as crap as it is back in ol Blighty

I come from a country with universal healthcare and it is crap.

I live in a country where I pay and get excellent care.

what country are you from?

and now you are in a country that has the 37th best health care system overall :)