im i the only guy with a bagger on the site?

Hoblick

now that i think about it i think i am.

maybe not, maybe there is some innactive users that have them.

just wondering i guess..

all you damn sportbike guys :D

BTW a 3 month update on the street glide..

LOVE IT!

it doesnt handle like a sport bike obviously, but it does handle fairly well for a big bike that can put the miles on.

i have ground the floorboards off quite a bit so far.. i had to make a little more ground clearance so i can throw it over a little bit more now.

im loving the stereo on the bike for long rides.. just cant beat it.

and the wife obviously loves it.. the less complaints from her the better off i am.

its by far one of my top favorite bikes i have owned.. probably second, only to my VFR.

which i think i may eventually have to get another VFR.. down the road one day ill have another.

My first girlfriend was a double-bagger.

I've never gone to bed with any kind of bagger....but I have awoken to a few!

Back to the thread at hand...

How have you felt the reliability has been? the reason I ask is not the standard HD bashing, but my Brother-in-Law [who is a Certified Harley Mechanic] gave me the recommendation to purchase a Honda over a Harley [due to my pathetic mechanical skills].

I've never gone to bed with any kind of bagger....but I have awoken to a few!

Back to the thread at hand...

How have you felt the reliability has been? the reason I ask is not the standard HD bashing, but my Brother-in-Law [who is a Certified Harley Mechanic] gave me the recommendation to purchase a Honda over a Harley [due to my pathetic mechanical skills].

only time will tell i guess

i mean i had to replace the drive belt already, but it wasnt a reliability issue.. it was the ground wire was mis routed and touching the belt which frayed the belt and wire.

now that could have been like that from the factory, or something the previous owner did by accident.. who knows..

but it hasnt left me stranded yet, it doesnt leak any fluids yet, and it hasnt had any major part failures yet..

but i am expecting something to go wrong lol..

i mean yeah im not as confident about the bike reliablity wise as any other bike ive owned, but my thoughts may change after a few thousand miles..

so far ive put only 1300 miles on the thing so i cant really be sure how its gonna be yet.

i think the newer harleys are leaps above the early 2000 and prior models, in reliablity areas..

but again i cant speculate totally yet cause i havent had a the bike long enough yet.

I want a bigger bike already my sportster is okay and all. I think next year I might upgrade my bike not sure what I want yet. I'm looking at the gold wings and street glide or other Harley.

I'll eventually have the pelican hard boxes I bought, on one of my 919s, for a mini bagger. It will probably look really nerdy, but completely functional...

edit: quick release mounts, so I can change quickly...

Edited by ReconRat