High Speed Chase Columbus

gsxr07

NBC 4:

"For anyone who may have been travelling on 71, 315, or 670 in the last hour you may have seen a high speed chase. The suspect was taken into custody in Worthington after leading deputies and police on a 130mph + chase spanning from Delaware County to downtown Columbus back up to Worthington."

An armed robbery suspect is in custody tonight after a high-speed chase through the Polaris area in Delaware County, down into the middle of Franklin County and back up north to Worthington.

The suspect, whose name was not immediately available, was clocked going up to 130 mph in a sedan, according to police radio traffic. He was arrested at a dead end near Evening Street and Pinney Drive in Worthington.

No one was believed to have been hurt.

At least 20 police vehicles were on the scene, and a police helicopter was involved in the chase.

The suspect is believed to have robbed a retail store west of the Polaris area.

The Delaware County sheriff, Columbus police and Worthington police were involved in the chase, which included stretches on I-71 south, Rt. 315 north and parts of I-270 and Rt. 161.

sooo... when you're passed by a high-speed chase, is it difficult to resist the urge to peg it to 150 in the opposite direction? You know the cops have more important things to worry about.

Awesome!

I'm often tempted to see if I can keep up. (In my car, when a cop or medic flys by)

Awesome!

I'm often tempted to see if I can keep up. (In my car, when a cop or medic flys by)

I hate it when you pull over to let a fire truck past and the guy behind you passes you/cuts you off as you as pulling back in to traffic. I thought common decency requires you to stay in order when you set off again?

i didnt think cops were even supposed to be chasing anyone over 100 mph because they start to think they are mario andretti and innocent people get killed.

thought they were supposed to just let the chopper sort the guy out....

I hate it when you pull over to let a fire truck past and the guy behind you passes you/cuts you off as you as pulling back in to traffic. I thought common decency requires you to stay in order when you set off again?

lol common decency is not so common anymore.

i just keep pulling out anyway. if he rear ends me, sweet. my neck and my back feel very punitive.

i didnt think cops were even supposed to be chasing anyone over 100 mph because they start to think they are mario andretti and innocent people get killed.

thought they were supposed to just let the chopper sort the guy out....

I believe that's a jurisdictional decision, but that sounds reasonable.

I know certain jurisdictions will no longer issue tickets for more than 100mph, because retards were treating them like trophies. "I got clocked doing 168mph, biotch. I gots proof!"

So they'll just write the ticket for 100mph, and then tack on every aggravating circumstance possible. That's when you'd get hassled about those turn signals that aren't DOT approved, the fender eliminator that also got rid of your plate illumination, etc...