Buddy in Afghanistan posted this

Casper

We'd import water from kuwait. About 1 liter bottles. You could drink it in a few minutes then in the next 15 you'd sweat it out. Thing is you really didn't sweat. It would evaporate before your clothing got wet, just salt stains.

He's not in the service. He's over there as a government contractor. But yet he still has to wear the gear. Shittiest IT job I've ever heard of.

If he's a civilian, he's gotta be bringing in 6 digits or close to it then. Makes it a little easier. Lol

We'd import water from kuwait. About 1 liter bottles. You could drink it in a few minutes then in the next 15 you'd sweat it out. Thing is you really didn't sweat. It would evaporate before your clothing got wet, just salt stains.

Yeah, I remember the water being just as hot. To cool it down, we'd stick the bottle of water in a wet sock and hang it from the mirror while driving. It would at least cool it down to 100 deg. First couple of weeks I was there I only got one 2 min shower. We were some stinky soldiers and baby wipes were your best friend.

That is crazy crazy hot.... Civilians do get paid very well in in afgan or iraq. I know that one of my g/f co workers at DFAS (DoD) went over and is getting paid like 200k a year. He is a gs11. Pretty good stuff if you can stand the heat, working 60-70 a week and living in a hell hole. And you don't have any living expenses at all when you are there.

That is crazy crazy hot.... Civilians do get paid very well in in afgan or iraq. I know that one of my g/f co workers at DFAS (DoD) went over and is getting paid like 200k a year. He is a gs11. Pretty good stuff if you can stand the heat, working 60-70 a week and living in a hell hole. And you don't have any living expenses at all when you are there.

60-70 hour weeks for civilians? Possibile but not normal.