Summit Point Crash

SJC1000rr

Sunday did not go as planned in my C Superbike race. Front end didn't want to stay down on start and the quickshift was giving me fits. Need to make the timing a bit longer. Anyways, it was a 3 way battle for 3rd place in the race with us trading off until the guy on the kawi spun the rear up and lowsided. I was dazed and had my breath knocked out along with being instantly sore. The other guys bike ended up on top of mine which is what fubared my bike more. As for me, I noticed my left pinky wasn't feeling right and looked at it with my gloves off and found it sticking outwards dislocated. Went to EMS and they said they couldn't do it by law so I had the gf set it straight at the track which hurt like hell. Dr. says it still has spiral fracture of middle bone an possible tendon damage. Also have a fractured tailbone which makes life fun.

Looked over the bike mostly to see whats junked, and it looks like both rearset brackets bent, right clip-on snapped, right brake lever snapped, upper+tail bodywork blown out/smashed, Quickshift rod bent, Subframe tray broke/possible tweaked subframe, helmet, gloves and minor bolts etc. And left rearset top bolt bracket on the frame snapped off, so I have to find a aluminum welder to fill it back in and redrill/tap it...or get a new frame :(

Called Mid-Ohio PTR about it all and they worked with me and credited me for the day and will reschedule for another day! Great ppl there for sure and I look forward to healing up and finally getting back out.

Crash at 9:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFQPsZ47nxA

Edited by SJC1000rr

summit point likes being a bitch to you steve. glad you're relatively ok.

and yes dubguy, that front straight is long. the rest are just semi long. i really enjoyed that course, wish i could've been there this past weekend but school is p1

Damn dude didnt realize it was going to look that nasty. Def looks like he just lost the rear and downsie daisie. Glad you aren't more fucked than that.

Heal fast bro, you got my digits if you need help. I leave Wednesday until Sunday, but after that I am in town for like 3 weeks straight.

Best wishes.

whenever i see steve on campus i usually make sure my front wheel is up as my "hello" to him

7 times out of 10 it's not him though - all those cop cars look the same

but surusly, he's working the osu hospital east so he can be available weekends to do racing so he's not on main campus much :(

very sorry to hear about your crash, steve. i was looking forward to getting a good beat down at the races by you, but i'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity once you heal up.

feel better soon!

Looks like I might be down for a lot longer then I hoped as it looks like the frame is tweaked/bent also. The throttle cables, housing, stop/start switch and front end bearings need replaced also. Due to lack of fundage, not sure what I'm gonna do with the frame :(