how many are still riding??

kawi kid

Yup. My penis is a normal size so I have nothing to prove :dunno:

Motorcycling is a hobby to me and cold and shit traction is not fun and a hobby that isn't enjoyable is pointless

Edited by Bad324

I got out this evening for a short errand run and to snarf down appetizers with coworkers. 45-50 degrees was not bad at all with insulated gear, a full helmet and a balaclava.

Ha, I am not the only one...yeah...got out this evening before the sun went down for a quick 10 mile run around the neighborhood.  42* when I got back home and all bundled up but not as cold as I thought I'd be.  I use a neck warmer that I have when I go skiing with full leathers, under armor gear and even a tight skin head cap under the helmet and double gloves.  Weather looks bad the next couple weeks.  Might be the last run for me.  Would not want to do too many miles like this w/o heated gear b/c hands usually get cold first, but nice ride.

Maybe tomorrow. I wish I had thicker gloves though; I wonder what Iron Pony has...

Get some oversized rubber gloves to go over the top of your current gloves. Cuts the wind right out and fixes the issue. First Gear has some for 15 bucks but any will do.

http://www.amazon.com/Firstgear-Rubber-Rain-Gloves-Small/dp/B001A3D3R8

That's a great idea. I did find a $9 closeout pair of insulated gloved (in blue to match my bike, ha!) at IP the other day and they're working really well. Can't say I'm a fan of the rain and 30 degree temps coming though.

^

I've never considered winter riding a dick measuring contest.

I've always liked riding in winter since I used to slide my YZ80 around in the snow back in the seventies.

To each his own.

Besides...the traction is there,you just have to sharpen you're skills to stay in the tire tracks from the cars...a skill that comes in handy all year around in S.E.O.

^

I've never considered winter riding a dick measuring contest.

I've always liked riding in winter since I used to slide my YZ80 around in the snow back in the seventies.

To each his own.

Besides...the traction is there,you just have to sharpen you're skills to stay in the tire tracks from the cars...a skill that comes in handy all year around in S.E.O.

I posted this a year ago in another thread, but it is still true:

"When I was in my 20s I rode in the winter because I had to and hated it. Now in my 40s I ride in the winter because I want to and I love it."

It is just a different experience than riding on a nice warm sunny day.  With the right gear, it is just as fun.

But I also like riding in the rain, so....

I don't get it. If you enioy it more power to you (your nuts but kutos anyway). If your trying to prove a point personally I'm not impressed, and think you asking to get yourself killed. And If your doing it because you have no other means, I sugest you reevaluate your spending, I've read about some unnecessary purchases that doing with out would be a game changer.

Edited by 2talltim

Went for a nice 30 mile ride this afternoon in insulated gear, northeast of Columbus. Temps were a respectable 40-45F and while I was cool, I could have ridden indefinitely.

Took my new V-Strom 650 and enjoyed it properly, though I'm still getting used to its touchy throttle response. How the hell does a 650 have so relatively damned much torque and drive lash under 4k rpm, while maintaining 48 mpg?? I'm kind of hoping it softens in...