D.I.D. Chain Linkage Clip

usafstud

Can I use any 520 clips for my D.I.D 520 chain? The linkage came off some how. I forgot exactly which D.I.D 520 chain I bought a couple of years ago.

thanks

clip.jpg

Edited by usafstud

There are some differences in DID 520 chain, both in strength and design.

Both result in having to use a particular master link.

Your chain should be marked on the links as to which chain it is.

edit: The new design chains are marked on the side plates, the old design is not.

Buy the one that matches that. Looks like both rivet and clip are used.

But basically, an old style Zj rivet or Fj clip type are used, unless your chain is marked 520ZVM-X, 520ERT2, 520ERV3 or 520T2.

There is an Rj clip type, but I don't know the difference. I think it's not as strong.

DID chain specs:

http://www.didchain.com/chainSpecs.html

edit: crap, now I have to check my new chain and master link to see if they are compatible...

(I'm pretty sure mine was 530ZVM-X, and that was on the master link package.)

Edited by ReconRat

NEVER use a clip link on a track bike

Figured that, but wasn't sure what trackers liked to run with regular gearing changes between different tracks or if you guys carried several chains to accommodate different gearing without changing your wheelbase.........then again, safety first!!

I never run a clip link on any of my bikes, past / present / future

Figured that, but wasn't sure what trackers liked to run with regular gearing changes between different tracks or if you guys carried several chains to accommodate different gearing without changing your wheelbase.........then again, safety first!!

I never run a clip link on any of my bikes, past / present / future

the range of gearing required, at least for my bike, will fit a single length 116 link chain. from stock to -1/+2, it'll fit.

i'm not to the point of noticing the difference in wheelbase length to care about those finite details of needing multiple chains.

I've run clip style links and never had an issue. But, I'm just one person. :D

Usually not a problem when you don't twist the throttle to put any stress on the chain :D I kid, I kid, just giving you a hard time...you going to put that new track bike to use anytime soon...

Edited by APCh8r

I'd take advantage of the moment and press fit a rivet-link in place of the clip link -- unless this is for a trackbike??

yes, this is for my f4i trackbike.

If u read your chain it will tell you what chain it is. I probably have the link u want in stock. Go rivet link EVERY time!

i'll stop by my storage unit in the next couple of days to see exactly what chains it has.

I didn't realize what i ordered when i built this track bike a few years ago and couldn't return the chain in time before the first trackday with the chains.

it'll be awesome if you could hook me up.

I have a spare clip type link for a 520V. The biggest difference is in the o-ring type, as the one I have is a standard o-ring where you're is different I think. It should still work though.

I have a spare clip type link for a 520V. The biggest difference is in the o-ring type, as the one I have is a standard o-ring where you're is different I think. It should still work though.

That is what i'm guessing, that the clips are universal.

Let me know if you could spare the clip.

NEVER use a clip link on a track bike

My trackbike has a clip on it. The PO had it installed backwards. I flipped it around and put RTV on it to make the tech guys happy. Guess I'm living dangerously. Never had one come off my CR125.

That is what i'm guessing, that the clips are universal.

Let me know if you could spare the clip.

Shoot me your name and address and I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

Edit: you just need the clip right? I can send the entire link/o-rings/side plate and clip if you need all of it.