How do you deal with road rage?

mgbgt89

DAMN! That's just harsh!! :lol:

would probably eat the pump alive though......maybe some hotpink paint cut way down? That would definitely leave your mark unless you're sprayin' a MaryKay car!

Nah, y'see the point is they think it's water... until the next morning... :cool:

How hard is it to knock a mirror off? honestly ive only had one time and it was a mini cooper with two teenagers in it. they got infront of me and both dumped the ice from thier big gulps right in front of me. i would have taken a mirror had i not had textile gloves with no knuckle protection. I have since upgraded to carbon fiber knuckles..

not very. I've done it by accident in my parents' garage. The way I phrased my post wasn't ideal.

I specified lateral forces, but did so right after mentioning knocking of a mirror OR kicking a car door. The force required for removing a mirror could be exerted in any direction parallel to the car's direction of travel. Kicking in the door requires that the force be perpendicular.

Even so, I don't see how retaliating makes the situation better. Might make you feel better for a moment, and i'm not saying a I'm above such an act, but if all it does is piss off the cager MORE, you've successfully taken someone who accidentally almost killed you, and turned them into someone who now definitely wants to at least hurt you intentionally - and guess what? Removing their mirror hasn't made their car or truck any less lethal, or your motorcycle any more protected.

• Upvote 1

How hard is it to knock a mirror off? honestly ive only had one time and it was a mini cooper with two teenagers in it. they got infront of me and both dumped the ice from thier big gulps right in front of me. i would have taken a mirror had i not had textile gloves with no knuckle protection. I have since upgraded to carbon fiber knuckles..

step 1) raise foot

step 2) twist your wrist

step 3) make contact with mirror housing

step 4) laugh your ass off when driver doesn't know what just happened because they drive like an asshole

The first time I experienced a raged driver and was run off the road, I got their license plate, called the police, and waited where it happened. Long story short, if a witness doesn't stop- nothing is going to be done. Absofuckinglutely nothing. The damage to my front fender wasn't from his car- it was from being pushed into an orange barrel. When I started to get irate I was told I could be cited for failure to control....

For the record, that is the same when it comes to assault and battery...

It happened differently the next time I was run off the road. I pulled a kid from a purple Chevy, and I know he won't be doing anything like that crap driving... Again.

A hammer fist is pretty effective It's easier with the left hand than the right. Be ready to swerve away and run like hell! The cages are a lot more dangerous when they are mad and they are way above our bikes weight class.

Doing ANYTHING to someone that is aggressive or antagonistic while you're on a bike is fucking stupid. STOOOOOOPID.

First off, you're on a bike. Not only are you exposed while asshole is in a 5,000lb death machine, you're on a fucking bike. That means your greatest advantage is agility and speed. The smart thing is to get the fuck out of dodge. Angry guy is angry? Good, fuck him, get away and live a happy life. No fingers, no kicking, no ball bearings, LEAVE.

Retaliating escalates the situation. That's bad for you. It's bad for your legal case should something reallly happen, and it could be what gets you killed, shot, or someone else hurt. I ride conservatively, so these issues are very rare for me, but I guess I don't go "hot" the instant someone is a fucktard, there's no upside.

I carry pretty much 24/7, but the moment someone does something stupid when I'm on the bike I just get away from them. I'm not going to get into a scrap because someone has a Vin Diesel complex, the gun is for the dire extreme, not for teaching people lessons.

• Upvote 2

I didn't get pissed at a cager till some dipshit kid came flying around 3 cars behind me and almost took my front wheel out on a 2 lane rd... and my wife was on the back... I freaking lost it, I WOT and caught him at the stop sign where I pulled up next to the drivers door and proceeded to kick the shit out his door and broke his window with my fist, he was scared shitless and nailed it to get away from me... if my wife wasn't beating the shit outta me I woulda run him down and drug his ass outta that car... good thing my wife has a better temper then me. I agree with swingset, just get aways from the fucktards.. better for everyone.

I always carry an AR-15 with me

durr... I HAVE carried an M-16 on a motorcycle. Strapped on my back with the muzzle down. Funny that, none of the cars would drive anywhere near me...

edit: no typo, M-16A1, not AR-15

I just remembered with all this talk of throwing shit. A kid in high school was driving around throwing firecrackers out of a car with his friends. He threw one that exploded outside of a guys driver window, never hit the guy or his car. He got charged with assault with a weapon. He plead it down though, I can't remember the plea deal.

Step one. Take your favorite sammich makers monthly crimson tide absorber

Step two. Soak in red die and oyster juice ( they sell it in the Asian section of grocery stores)

Step three. Wait for some ass hat to be dumb enough to piss you off

Step four. Throw the revenge unborn love child at the driver and wait for reaction

• Upvote 1

Step one. Take your favorite sammich makers monthly crimson tide absorber

Step two. Soak in red die and oyster juice ( they sell it in the Asian section of grocery stores)

Step three. Wait for some ass hat to be dumb enough to piss you off

Step four. Throw the revenge unborn love child at the driver and wait for reaction

This is awesome, except for one thing: You end up carrying a bunch of foul-smelling, soggy tampons in your pocket/tank bag, in warm weather. I can just imagine what happens when you forget they're in there and find them a few days later. Oyster juice is serious business. :p

This is awesome, except for one thing: You end up carrying a bunch of foul-smelling, soggy tampons in your pocket/tank bag, in warm weather. I can just imagine what happens when you forget they're in there and find them a few days later. Oyster juice is serious business. :p

whole new twist to crotch rocket lol.

• Upvote 1

I can just imagine what happens when you forget they're in there and find them a few days later. Oyster juice is serious business.

That's one way to keep the illiterate people outside IP from sitting on your bike. :lol:

I think i'm just gonna be carrying one of these next time.

http://www.lifehammer.com/

The problem with throwing stuff is the potential to hit other cars.

Call me dumb if you want. I'll retaliate in traffic. Somebody wants to kill me over a broken window? Go for it.

Ok, you're dumb. Hitting their window is a sign of aggression, and because they're in such close proximity to that window someone who puts a .40 caliber into your forehead for swinging a hammer at their window will probably walk because you made a traffic altercation a self-defense situation.

Did you mean to do that? Who cares? You did.

Same will happen if they just roll right over you once you start swinging at them.

Smart doesn't always feel the best at that moment, but it's still smart.

I pull my Kel-Tec from it's secret compartment in my jacket and light them up. My life is on the line riding, if you provoke, I will kill you.

Unless you have three hands and mad skill, you're not shooting anyone from the bike while in motion, it's damned near impossible to do so tactically or practically. If you do so off the bike, after having confronted them or chasing them down, now you're the aggressor and you'll likely face murder charges. About the only feasible way it'll go down and you won't be a prison cum-catcher is for someone to chase you to a point of no-escape and escalate with violence or the threat of it, while you're off that bike. Possible? Sure, but anything less than that and you're going to face the wrath of a DA who will tear you apart for allowing the altercation to happen when you're on a fast, agile, get-away-vehicle.

Have a plan, before your anger fucks your life forever.

I've done a ton of homework on self-defense shootings that happened from or involving bikes, and there are almost zero good outcomes from the biker's standpoint, and the one I can remember happened like my "feasible" example above where a guy was confronted after stopping for gas.

Unless you have three hands and mad skill, you're not shooting anyone from the bike while in motion, it's damned near impossible to do so tactically or practically. If you do so off the bike, after having confronted them or chasing them down, now you're the aggressor and you'll likely face murder charges. About the only feasible way it'll go down and you won't be a prison cum-catcher is for someone to chase you to a point of no-escape and escalate with violence or the threat of it, while you're off that bike. Possible? Sure, but anything less than that and you're going to face the wrath of a DA who will tear you apart for allowing the altercation to happen when you're on a fast, agile, get-away-vehicle.

Have a plan, before your anger fucks your life forever.

I've done a ton of homework on self-defense shootings that happened from or involving bikes, and there are almost zero good outcomes from the biker's standpoint, and the one I can remember happened like my "feasible" example above where a guy was confronted after stopping for gas.

Sorry, next time I'll turn my sarcasm generator up to 11. Ya'll need a break, get laid, go ride, and stop pissing people off.

Sorry, next time I'll turn my sarcasm generator up to 11. Ya'll need a break, get laid, go ride, and stop pissing people off.

They should make little tiny pictures, say of faces or something, that could convey an emotion or intention so we didn't have to guess who was being serious and who was not.

That would rule.

• Upvote 1

That helps everything. I keep an ASP expandable baton in my tail bag. This thread reminded me that I need to get a scabbard and mount it on the inside of my fairing, like I intended to, when I bought it.

I wouldn't be using it to swipe off mirrors, though... It'd be fun, but I'm not that reckless. It's just there to be there. Like some of you carry for just in case. I'm not cool with owning a gun at this point in my life, so I've got a baton. :rolleyes:

That helps everything. I keep an ASP expandable baton in my tail bag. This thread reminded me that I need to get a scabbard and mount it on the inside of my fairing, like I intended to, when I bought it.

I wouldn't be using it to swipe off mirrors, though... It'd be fun, but I'm not that reckless. It's just there to be there. Like some of you carry for just in case. I'm not cool with owning a gun at this point in my life, so I've got a baton. :rolleyes:

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8q5QJOwoG4