i found a good app for android and iphone users.

kawi kid

I have been listening to this podcast for a almost two months now. I really enjoy it but have been debating on bringing it to the forum. When people hear of survivalism they think of either black helicopters or living in a mountain cave, sorry to disappoint but his is neither of that. This podcast focuses more along the lines of modern day survivalism. I have gotten some great ideas and from this guy.

The website is www.thesurvivalpodcast.com and for android users you can download the free app. Search for survive and it will come up as one of the first result, its the one with the ant as the logo. For the iphone folks you can to to the itunes store and download the podcast for free. Both places have a back log of episodes. I believe the itunes has 40 and the droid app has back til christmas.

I have listened to nearly all of the shows back to christmas and have only found one or two I didn't find something in them to take away as new knowledge. Let me know what you think.

Far from it dood. You just gotta listen to it a few times and see what I mean. There is a lot of talk about gardening, selfdefense, finance, preparedness, and money saving ideas. I have taken a lot away from it and thought I would share. Actually this is where the last thread is where I got the idea from.

Kid with all due respect, you do post a lot of threads that have the "worried" tone to them. Just live and quit tripping out about everything. Fear is no way to live. Relax and just GO. :cheers: I saw your other thread about a secondary back up of choice too. You can leave your house without an arsenal or back up weapon. Yeah, it's nice to be protected but there is a difference of protecting yourself and just being fearful of everything daaaaaaaaaawg. :p

Far from it dood. You just gotta listen to it a few times and see what I mean. There is a lot of talk about gardening, selfdefense, finance, preparedness, and money saving ideas. I have taken a lot away from it and thought I would share. Actually this is where the last thread is where I got the idea from.

Huh? Grammar pwns you! :lol:

Kid with all due respect, you do post a lot of threads that have the "worried" tone to them. Just live and quit tripping out about everything. Fear is no way to live. Relax and just GO. :cheers: I saw your other thread about a secondary back up of choice too. You can leave your house without an arsenal or back up weapon. Yeah, it's nice to be protected but there is a difference of protecting yourself and just being fearful of everything daaaaaaaaaawg. :p

I pretty much agree with you Nick, but there are reasons other than natural disasters, war, zombie apocalypse, etc. for preparedness. A good example for financial preparedness would be a job loss, temporary disability, etc where you could use some of what you have saved/stored.

Personally, I pray that God takes me before the fit hits the shan to where all of this is really needed.

Anyone that knows me personally on a day to day basis knows im not like that. Im honestly fearful of nothing because im prepared for everything. If the idea of me being worried all the time came from recent threads most of them was about the rapture hoax and they were all just jokes. ;)

This guys motto or show catch phrase is "Helping you better your life when times get tough or even if they don't." That is the worst and perfect statement all at the same time just think about it for a bit. If you can take one step to improve your life if you fall on hard times like if you would lose a job but are able to capitalize on it even if you don't why wouldn't you?

Nick I can prob name a few ways that you are a prepper for modern day survivalism and you don't even know it. If you are curious ill point them out to ya if you want.

I only started that other thread to get people to think about how they go about their lives and incorproate a means of defense into it. If you only carry a gun then that is your only option of defense. The financial spiritual and mental ramifications of actually pulling the trigger are extremely effective. If you don't believe me ask any verteran that served or is currently serving and they will tell you. I was posing another option for folks. Im actually with out a firearm now at work, not cuz the company wont allow me to carry but because I don't wanna beat the hell out of my nice expensive gun. Lol

I carry a firearm not cuz im scared to walk outside without one, I carry because its my right and if I have to use it to defend my life or someone elses and I trust my abilities over the next guys.

Our society suffers from normalcy bias. They don't wanna think about the what ifs cuz the will disturb their bubble of rainbows and unicorns. It hit me about three or five months back when carrie came home and said well the company is selling and im not sure wtf is gonna happen. That was when I realized I was prepared to handle a big catastrophe like having to bug out and go to a safe place but I wasn't ready to handle a small and more likely disaster like a job loss. I don't k.ow if you get where im coming from or not. But im not scared of anything. Im still as easy going as I have always been.

Did Ringo give you the information for this guy?

No sir. I have gotten into a pretty good habit of ignoring all the bullshit that spews from his keyboard.

Ill check out tunein. What's so great about it can I get some details lol.

Nick I challenge you to listen to 5 episodes and let me know if you walk away with anything learned. My guess is you will realize that modern survivalism is a lot different than what you think it is.

If anyone listens to it I would.love to hear your feedback

I'll check it out tomorrow. If it's another "beards and beerguts in the woods welding Czech Hedgehogs to get ready for the UN tanks coming to take their land" thing, I'll be quite irate. (shakes fist) :p