Roll On Columbus Canceled

Casper

Unfortunately the rumors are true, but still keep the date on your calendars.

With regret, the board of directors of Ohio Motorcyclists for Children decided on May 19, through unanimous decision, to cancel Roll On Columbus 2011, which had been scheduled to take place June 18 at Quaker Steak & Lube.

OMC Chairman Ed Youngblood explained, "While we are grateful to the many individuals and organizations that have made commitments to the event, we concluded that we were lacking adequate resources in key areas, leaving us doubtful that we would have a successful fund-raising event.

However, Ohio Motorcyclists for Children remains committed to the goal of raising money for Nationwide Children's Hospital and other worthy causes benefiting children."

Individuals who have made early purchases of raffle tickets will be contacted and reimbursed. Further developments will be posted on this web site.

Two important notes:

- Keep the date on your calendars. We will still be having the Ohio Riders 5yr anniversary that day.

- If you bought a raffle ticket and got a 1yr free supporter upgrade on here, your money from the ticket(s) will be refunded and you will still get to keep the 1yr supporter upgrade.

Whoa, I was getting ready to contact you about details. Bummer. :(

Yeah, you're on my list of folks to call today.

The 5yr anniversary will still go on. Details should be available soon.

• 3 years later...

Is this event going to happen again? I attended the first or second year and even won tickets to the Mid Ohio AMA Superbike weekend.

The Roll On Columbus event was a blast of a time, with plenty of vendors, stunt riders, bike show and a great crowd.

Just was curious.

Sweet to hear Casper.  I think more events like the Roll On Columbus are needed to raise awarnesses of diseases and draw people closer together as a community to help where they can, especially us bikers as too many cagers have this stereotype that all bikers are bad news.

Yeah, I saw that AMA Superbike is not coming to Mid Ohio this year, which is a bummer, but then again, I finally attended AMA Vintage Days for the first time last year and it is waaaaaaay better.  I plan to attend Vintage Days again this year. I had such a blast of a time.  So, much to see and do there.  I can't see why anyone who likes bikes wouldn't attend...PERIOD.