Stay Nakid?

fazer1sniper

Now that I got time to work on MY bike I have been thinking...

I put alot of miles on my 2004 Gen 1 FZ1 and due to my recent exeriance with modding and building body panels I have been batting around the idea of putting my bike back to the oringinal upper fairing, building side-lower-belly plasics and seeting up a rack for my soft panners and a Pelican case on the tail. More of a touring bike. OR Should I be happy and toss on my soft bags and backpack?

now...

DSCF0005-3.jpg

then...

DSCF0005.jpg

I have always like the UJM and your nekkid version is awesome. I was thinking about getting a FZ1 and doing just that. I just can't stand the half fairing look of the stock FZ1's. Keep it the way it is, so you have more time to ride it.

Thats what I dont like about my Gen 2. Too much pullback. Did you need longer brake lines to run those?

nope, all stock lines and it works great. BUT! I know the gen 2 has higher risers and a lower bar. May or may not work for you. A big plus to that bar was vibration reduction too. It's alot thicker and made from aluminum vs steel bars, was easy to tap them for the stock bar ends.

Option 3: Keep the bike naked' date=' but install a single round head lamp, bar end mirrors and powder coat the fork tubes black.[/quote']

I'm likely going to black out the lower forks.... I have a round light but still dig my 4" duals. I tried the bar ends before and did like the look but did not care for how well the worked in traffic.

Thinking of staying nakid for the year and using spare time on my CB750 project... Been too damn busy with other peoples toys and the chopper to work on my primary bike. Getting rubber on it tomorrow and hope to have it all knocked out, oil change, new front brakes pads and on the road by monday.