I'm officially in bizarro world...

Cheech

people who actually know what goes on with these things (and the security clearance to go with it) would know better than to open their yaps about it.

people who actually know what goes on with these things (and the security clearance to go with it) would know better than to open their yaps about it.

Nothing wrong with talking about some of the more common sense and public knowledge portions of these types of things...

Nothing wrong with talking about some of the more common sense and public knowledge portions of these types of things...

i'm half doing it to discourage active security clearance holders that might want to chime in with their $1.85 to give their argument a sense of validity... i had a friend who was a bit too... "excited" about his/her new job and went and blabbed to their friends about general descriptions of what they'd be doing and what department, etc with a TS clearance, and had to submit names for damage control lol. some of our friends had dual citizenship back then. yup.

the other half is because to really be able to say one way or the other, one would have to go into some amount of detail to be able to make a real statement and not just essentially have to stop at "I know about these things, I've done X and X type of work... trust me, I'm a doctor" and then the camera pans out and its fucking Dr Dre drinking dr pepper.

i'm half doing it to discourage active security clearance holders that might want to chime in with their $1.85 to give their argument a sense of validity... i had a friend who was a bit too... "excited" about his/her new job and went and blabbed to their friends about general descriptions of what they'd be doing and what department, etc with a TS clearance, and had to submit names for damage control lol. some of our friends had dual citizenship back then. yup.

the other half is because to really be able to say one way or the other, one would have to go into some amount of detail to be able to make a real statement and not just essentially have to stop at "I know about these things, I've done X and X type of work... trust me, I'm a doctor" and then the camera pans out and its fucking Dr Dre drinking dr pepper.

Ah gotcha, makes sense.

I felt the same way when I read this little blurb --

Texas House bans 'offensive' security pat-downs

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=8128623

It was actually nice to see the pro-"personal liberty" GOP members instead of the pro-business, pro-security GOP'ers I'm often reading about.

I giveth props and I taketh away.

Via: http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2011/05/texas-seeks-sport-bike-discrimination/

Texas seeks sport bike discrimination

fat-bike1-599x394.jpgA bill just passed by the Texas state house of representatives seeks to give “sport bikes” a definition separate from all other motorcycles and impose unique restrictions on them. The legislation comes in response to the death of Texas A&M student Malorie Bullock, who was killed while riding pillion. So just how does the Lone Star State define a sport bike?

Continued in link above (which is only active for 12 hrs), but additional linkage here:

HB2470 via AMA