FS - 1979 Honda Twinstar 185 - $600

DAC

My wife's bike - for sale. Will need a new battery soon but runs decently. Would make a nice commuter bike. PM with any Qs. Thanks.

DSC01752.jpg

DSC01747.jpg

DSC01749.jpg

Edited by DAC
Bike Sold!

I believe it could do freeway speeds - if you could handle the vibration - I've had it in the 50's I think. It gets a bit buzzy at higher revs and it only has a 4 speed tranny. I'd think of this as more of a urban/suburban commuter.

Just took this bike out tonight to run her through the gears and make sure everything is working alright. I forgot what a hoot this little thing is to ride. Still available.

The good:

• In pretty good cosmetic shape for a bike that is 32 years old
  • everything works including electricals

The bad:

• It'll need a new battery soon
  • It's a commuter bike mostly - don't expect to take on gixxers on the interstate
  • It's 32 years old - some basic parts are available like clutches but everything else will send you on a snipe hunt

Verdict: Fun little old bike. If this doesn't sell and gas stays around $4 a gallon, I'll be riding this to work.

The bike is still available. Still riding it a little so I've added 50 or so miles of light commuting duty on it since the pics.

I'm still a couple hundred away (play money is play money). If I can sell the Glock, I'll likely take it off of your hands. Please post updates if you sell. Unless, of course...You want a Glock .40.....:D

I'm still a couple hundred away (play money is play money). If I can sell the Glock, I'll likely take it off of your hands. Please post updates if you sell. Unless, of course...You want a Glock .40.....:D

Good luck with your sale. I'll post up if the bike sells.