Home build title?

tyler524

I am wanting to build a cafe racer and have been looking at early 70s cb bikes. A lot of what I am finding don't have titles anymore as someone has lost it and they bought it from them. Is there a way to obtain a title as like a home build after I'm done with the build?

...The only way you can get a title, that i have found as a loophole. Is if someone dies and you register the bike as title "lost" as in cant find it after the death. But if its stolen and the vin shows up as bad they will take the bike.

Remove the vin from the frame and do your custom build then set up an inspection with OSHP at any of the stations that do salvage inspections. Tell them its a homemade and they'll inspect and give you the paperwork to file for title.

Remove the vin from the frame and do your custom build then set up an inspection with OSHP at any of the stations that do salvage inspections. Tell them its a homemade and they'll inspect and give you the paperwork to file for title.

I imagine this is the expensive route but is probably the best option

I am reading OSHP website now on salvaged and self-assembled vehicles. What would I do for documentation with the parts that came with the bike? Just a bill of sale for the bike from him that would say something about being a parts bike or box of parts?