president to speak to the nation tonight at 10:30 (5/1)

Tomcat0403

When did everyone start saying Pakistan like "tock" instead of "pack"?

I noticed that with Barry O last night... Must be a Muslim thing

Obama... Osama... You can't really blame the guy

Potato... Pototo

At least now Osama doesn't have to keep worryin' about the whole Superman/Clark Kent thing... He can just concentrate on bein' POTUSA

I'm not gonna give him zero credit but I'm gonna give him very little because I'm assuming ultimately all he had to do was give the yes or no go ahead for the mission.

by that logic bin laden had very little responsibility for 9/11. he didnt personally fly the planes he just gave the go ahead. :rolleyes:

besides, this question has already been settled.

nuremburg. 1946.

by that logic bin laden had very little responsibility for 9/11. he didnt personally fly the planes he just gave the go ahead. :rolleyes:

besides, this question has already been settled.

nuremburg. 1946.

you're telling me that he wasn't the mastermind and probably came up with all the plans of how to attack the US? The mission to take out Bin Laden I'd put a lot of money on that it wasn't masterminded nor planned by Obama, he just had to have the balls to say lets take out this bastard. Like I said I'm not in the "he deserves no credit" crowd but I'm certainly not going to anoint him a hero because Bin Laden was found and killed under his Presidency. I applaud him for giving the go ahead and having a good mark on his resume.

I didn't vote for the guy and I don't particularly like most the shit he does or says but when it comes down to it, I WANT him to succeed if it benefits the country and doesn't negatively effect my lifestyle and most importantly my wallet

I'm certainly not going to anoint him a hero because Bin Laden was found and killed under his Presidency. I applaud him for giving the go ahead and having a good mark on his resume.

i agree with this.

im not saying he is gods gift to the US or anything, but for people to say that obama is not responsible b/c he didnt pull the trigger, he only gave the order is ridiculous. that logic works both ways.

the fact is that those who give orders are just as responsible, if not more so, as those who carry them out.

further, if the mission had failed, obama would have been blamed. so should he not be given praise when the mission succeeds?

you're telling me that he wasn't the mastermind and probably came up with all the plans of how to attack the US? The mission to take out Bin Laden I'd put a lot of money on that it wasn't masterminded nor planned by Obama, he just had to have the balls to say lets take out this bastard. Like I said I'm not in the "he deserves no credit" crowd but I'm certainly not going to anoint him a hero because Bin Laden was found and killed under his Presidency. I applaud him for giving the go ahead and having a good mark on his resume.

I didn't vote for the guy and I don't particularly like most the shit he does or says but when it comes down to it, I WANT him to succeed if it benefits the country and doesn't negatively effect my lifestyle and most importantly my wallet

I did vote for him, but I also voted for GWB. Seriously, it is about the success of the nation, not about agendas or beliefs. Whoever is in office, I want them to succeed, because that positively affects our livelihood.

• Upvote 1

you're telling me that he wasn't the mastermind and probably came up with all the plans of how to attack the US? The mission to take out Bin Laden I'd put a lot of money on that it wasn't masterminded nor planned by Obama, he just had to have the balls to say lets take out this bastard. L....t

It was Khalid Sheikh Mohammed not OBL that was the mastermind behind 9/11, he just worked under OBL and Al Qaeda.

For what it's worth from what I've heard and read so far Obama has been involved in a lot of the process to determine how we get him. He scrapped the initial plan brought to him to use bombers and approved this one. He's also the one that made the decision to give Pakistan the finger and send our teams in to get the job done.

It's amazing how much people don't understand just how many people at all sorts of levels are involved everyday in things like this. It's one large team effort.

Quit being partisan dicks.

i agree with this.

im not saying he is gods gift to the US or anything, but for people to say that obama is not responsible b/c he didnt pull the trigger, he only gave the order is ridiculous. that logic works both ways.

the fact is that those who give orders are just as responsible, if not more so, as those who carry them out.

further, if the mission had failed, obama would have been blamed. so should he not be given praise when the mission succeeds?

I don't disagree at all. I personally wouldn't have blamed him if it wasn't successful but thats just me because I understand the difficulty and precision it takes in every phase of planning to carrying out the act. One tiny imperfection and the whole thing could go to shit.

It was Khalid Sheikh Mohammed not OBL that was the mastermind behind 9/11, he just worked under OBL and Al Qaeda.

For what it's worth from what I've heard and read so far Obama has been involved in a lot of the process to determine how we get him. He scrapped the initial plan brought to him to use bombers and approved this one. He's also the one that made the decision to give Pakistan the finger and send our teams in to get the job done.

It's amazing how much people don't understand just how many people at all sorts of levels are involved everyday in things like this. It's one large team effort.

Quit being partisan dicks.

well there ya go, I was mistaken. From what I understood it was Bin Laden. The difference between myself and a lot of the usual suspects that love to argue politics is that if I'm wrong and have information incorrect, I have no issues acknowledging that. The rest of all the "know it all, my way is the only way" bullshit just seems moronic to me. As for the last 2 things, I'm not sure if that is directed at me but if it is I would use that real big old brain you have and re-read what I've said

well there ya go, I was mistaken. From what I understood it was Bin Laden. As for the last 2 things, I'm not sure if that is directed at me but if it is I would use that real big old brain you have and re-read what I've said

The first part was which is why I clipped your post, I didn't do a good job at delineating the last 2 parts though.

The first part was which is why I clipped your post, I didn't do a good job at delineating the last 2 parts though.

Not a problem, thats why I asked first instead of turning into a hot headed ignorant asshole :D

No, Bad only turns into a hot headed ignorant asshole when you take his strippers away and tell him the blow is gone.

Yeah... He even stayed calm when GenFly slapped him

Just wow :nono:

Why do you hate America?