Motorcycle Hauler Hitch

jonan

i'd trust that before I trust the kind that holds the full weight of the bike on the hitch.

honestly, it's something I would have considered if it didn't require you to remove the chain for safe transport. They claim it's not necessary, but i'd be concerned...

Edited by redkow97

Awesome, wear out the rear tire and bearings without any joy riding it!! Oh, and drivetrain is going to love spinning free like that....probably really good for chains, belts and metal-on-metal.

Oh, and a fender bender totals the bike you're not riding while driving it into the car you are, so double-damage...while also exposing it to spray & kicked up debris.

Seems like something you'd do to a bike you didn't like.

Awesome, wear out the rear tire and bearings without any joy riding it!! Oh, and drivetrain is going to love spinning free like that....probably really good for chains, belts and metal-on-metal.

Oh, and a fender bender totals the bike you're not riding while driving it into the car you are, so double-damage...while also exposing it to spray & kicked up debris.

Seems like something you'd do to a bike you didn't like.

All good points. F that thing!

this answered my question but there is still noway

Q: Do I need to remove my chain or belt?

A: No, just make sure you put your bike in neutral “after” it is strapped on. We do recommend you check the manufacturer to make sure your bike can coast long distances without causing damage to your bike. Have sold many and have not heard of any problems from any manufacturer to date.

That thing just scares me almost as much as car dollies. I've seen so many cars come off car dollies I just won't trust them. The whole bike hitch carrier might be okay for a dirt bike but but even those wobble a lot. They need more points to attach to the vehicle in my opinion. I'm a truck driver so I look at some things differently!

I'm a nervous tower. Last time I towed a bike was only 3 weeks ago, and that was in a u-haul trailer with 5 ratchet straps and I was still nervous!

I don't like this design, doesn't look strong enough to stop the bike tipping over.

It looks like it would be good for short distances but no way on a long haul,it would be good for taking one in for service if you cant find someone to pick you up. I would like to had one of those when I took mine in to get the rear fender replaced after the young lady on a phone bumped me at a light,it was about 40 degrees and had no cold weather gear and very very cold and about a 20 mile ride.