6x8 enclosed trailer - $850

jonan

So i just bought this enclosed trailer, put new hinges on the ramp and got it weighed to get it registered only to find out it weighs 1180lbs...

Im moving to NC. Bought trailer in NC while house hunting, just brought back to get my bike and stuff.

My Honda Elements towing capacity is 1500lbs...

Trailer 1180lbs + CBR ~400lbs + tool box and tools ~200lbs + etc = damnit

so i need to sell it and get a much lighter one like around 8-900lbs.

anyway...

6wx8Lx5.5h

with a ramp with new hinges(when i bought it 1.5weeks ago all the hinges were about to fall off)

13" wheels with spare

4 D-rings in floor, a few eye hooks through out

shelf and 2 small racks

Black with white stripe

Flat-4 light connection, All lights work

Wheeled tongue crank

Pulls Great!

Location Sunbury, OH

$850

5x8side.jpg

5x8rear.jpg

5x8open.jpg

Edited by jonan
pics

so i need to sell it and get a much lighter one like around 800lbs.

even the 4 x 8 enclosed i had weighed around 950 dont know if your going to be able to find one around 800 but i could be wrong.....it's odd that a element with a 4 banger is rated at 1500 and my impala with a 3.9 v6 is only rated at 1000, i wonder where these car companys really base their ratings off of?

Anxious to see some pics this could make somebody a great trailer

it WILL make someone a great motorcycle transport trailer!!!

even the 4 x 8 enclosed i had weighed around 950 dont know if your going to be able to find one around 800 but i could be wrong.....it's odd that a element with a 4 banger is rated at 1500 and my impala with a 3.9 v6 is only rated at 1000, i wonder where these car companys really base their ratings off of?

Uhauls 5x8 weigh 900lbs, i would be happy with that. some of the random enclosed trailer makers claim ~890lbs for their 5x8 with single barn door. i found a couple i'll be calling tmw from CL. the element is awd that may have something to do with its towing capacity.

it WILL make someone a great motorcycle transport trailer!!!

Uhauls 5x8 weigh 900lbs, i would be happy with that. some of the random enclosed trailer makers claim ~890lbs for their 5x8 with single barn door. i found a couple i'll be calling tmw from CL. the element is awd that may have something to do with its towing capacity.

mine had the single barn door too, only thing i hated about mine was it was so tall...i had a ford explorer at the time and it stuck up about a foot or more above the explorer and with the flat nose on that thing it acted like a big sail going down the free way and killed my fuel milage, if id ever get another one id look for a Vnose...good luck in you search

Leonard trailers has light, little enclosed trailer with a ramp door. Small differences mak a big weight difference. You'd think a aluminum Featherweight trailer would be lighter but they are not. Actually a lot heavier.

...it's odd that a element with a 4 banger is rated at 1500 and my impala with a 3.9 v6 is only rated at 1000, i wonder where these car companys really base their ratings off of?

it's about what the transmission and brakes will tolerate.

i was looking at towing specs for the I-4 and V-6 kia sportage before we bought my wife's cute-ute. The towing capacity is identical for both, unless you add trailer brakes; then suddenly the V6 can handle double the weight.

Interested but two questions.

1. What's the GVW? Should be on a plate somewhere on the trailer.

2. Torsion or leaf spring axle?

PM sent

1. 1180lbs verified at a Truck stop scale

2. Leaf springs

PM sent

1. 1180lbs verified at a Truck stop scale

2. Leaf springs

GVWR is what the trailer weighs loaded to its maximum legal weight...this includes the trailer weight....for example mine weighs 375 it can haul 1625 so its GVWR is 2000lbs

GVWR is what the trailer weighs loaded to its maximum legal weight...this includes the trailer weight....for example mine weighs 375 it can haul 1625 so its GVWR is 2000lbs

well its not listed/stamped anywhere on the trailer.

Ive decided to just drive slow with just my bike and tools in the trailer, wish me luck!

good luck..just take her easy on the hills, and dont use overdrive..i forwarded this to my buddie i thought for sure he would jump on it but i guess not

thanks we made it! no overdrive and it added like 2.5hrs to the trip...

but the weather is awesome! im suprised i dont see more motorcycles?

Safe abd Happy Riding!:D