M3 Killer

Casper

I read that article last night :D my parents brought my issue to dinner. Damn impressive what they've done with a live rear axle and a $42,000 price tag.

Hell, the 'regular' GT was within a couple seconds of the M3 for under $30k.

i dont get how you can compare a stang to an m3... i mean i guess they race against each other in SCCA... but i dunno... for street cars a stang and M3 are not in the same class.

IMO this is the M3 killer:

cadillac-cts-v-3.jpg

i dont get how you can compare a stang to an m3... i mean i guess they race against each other in SCCA... but i dunno... for street cars a stang and M3 are not in the same class.

IMO this is the M3 killer:

cadillac-cts-v-3.jpg

You can call a Mustang an M3 killer when it beats it's time by 4 seconds on a road course. Not sure how you can't compare the two.

I don't have spec sheets (or price tags) in front of me, but you don't need that to evaluate the cars' attitudes.

the mustang is definitely the least expensive, and to me the "youngest" feeling. The mustang could have an interior every bit as nice as the BMW and the Caddy, and it wouldn't change the perception that the Mustang is a pony car, and the BMW is a luxury/sport machine.

The M3 and Caddy are luxury cars that haul ass. the Boss 302 is a car that hauls ass, and has a surprisingly nice interior. There's just different expectations of either brand before you ever actually drive them.

Do I love the Mustang? hell yeah, but if I were going to buy one, it wouldn't be to come across as classy and sophisticated to coworkers and clients - it would be a toy for making loud noises and leaving smokey patches of rubber on the ground behind me.

The comparison begs for analogies, but I think of the mustang as the tatted up punk-rock lead singer chick, who you're shocked to find out has a Masters degree in vocal performance, with a concentration in opera; whereas the M3 is every bit as good, but it LOOKS the part of the opera singer. No tats, conservative dress, hair only dyed one color, etc. She's still hot, but in a different way.

but does it have heated and cooled leather seats and a killer sound system?

i would take the m3 in a heartbeat....im a die-hard mustang fan, but if given the choice between m3, cts-v, and a boss 302 ...i would take the M3 without even having to think twice about it

you cant compare a quality sport-luxury car to a luxurious pony car

i would take the m3 in a heartbeat....im a die-hard mustang fan, but if given the choice between m3, cts-v, and a boss 302 ...i would take the M3 without even having to think twice about it

you cant compare a quality sport-luxury car to a luxurious pony car

id take the caddy.

• Upvote 1

i dont get it?

the boss 302 isnt in that list anywhere...."Roush Mustang" is not a 302 boss...its probably talking about the 2009 roush edition that was still running the 3v 4.6

For comparisons sake. They are both pushing about the same HP and torque IIRC.

For comparisons sake. They are both pushing about the same HP and torque IIRC.

hp/tq are comparable - but the boss is pulling much better track times because its a more refined "sport" car than the roush was...the roush was just add-on parts, the boss was designed to do what it does

hp/tq are comparable - but the boss is pulling much better track times because its a more refined "sport" car than the roush was...the roush was just add-on parts, the boss was designed to do what it does

Yup just throwing it out there.

Yup just throwing it out there.

sadly, no matter how good they run on the track - i will never think of a mustang as a "sport" car....theyre big, heavy, and bulky...they are performing well, but theyre still pony/muscle cars in my eyes...i love mustangs, but there is no new mustang i would spend more than 30k on... no matter how well they perform

sadly, no matter how good they run on the track - i will never think of a mustang as a "sport" car....theyre big, heavy, and bulky...they are performing well, but theyre still pony/muscle cars in my eyes...i love mustangs, but there is no new mustang i would spend more than 30k on... no matter how well they perform

That's always been my thought. My uncle has more than a few and I've always enjoyed the older ones especially. I just don't think I could ever think of them as anything other than a muscle car.

That's always been my thought. My uncle has more than a few and I've always enjoyed the older ones especially. I just don't think I could ever think of them as anything other than a muscle car.

if i ever buy another fun car - it will be a 03/04 cobra....new stangs are sweet - but those are my favorite...some day when im older if i come across a nice low mile one, i might jump on it...other than that, my last car totally put me off on owning another "toy" car

• Upvote 1

:nono:

On the track folks. On the track.

I've told some of you this story before, but I had the privilege of being invited to BMW's driving school down in Greer, SC years ago. Most fun I've ever had as an adult! Got to drive all the models on the road course, along w/ the X5 on their offroad course. M5 & 740i were my favorites!! M5 was truly a beast, & had the throaty rumble to offset that sophisticated styling! Handling of 740i was phenomenal for how big a car it was... Literally point & shoot through the slalom w/ no pitch & roll whatsoever. Made me a beemer fan for life!! :D

bmw-m5%20(3).jpg

but does it have heated and cooled leather seats and a killer sound system?

So when you get passed on the track by a Mustang, you're going to say, "well I have heated and cooled leather seats and a killer sound system, so I win"?

:lol:

So when you get passed on the track by a Mustang, you're going to say, "well I have heated and cooled leather seats and a killer sound system, so I win"?

:lol:

id still like to have that stuff for the 99.999999% of time that im driving thats NOT on the track.