Shoei x-11 or rf1000?

BeastieSSSC

Im really needing to purchase a new helmet. The helmet that I have is a junky HJC CS-12 that came with my bike when I bought it. This thing kills my ears if I'm riding for more than 45 minutes. Im looking to get a clearance x-11 or rf1000. I've heard the x-11 has way too much ventilation, I don't know how comfy/plausible the helmet is for my normal commute everyday. I know the rf1000 is their touring helmet, but is the x-11 just for the track? Newb question, just never bought a helmet before haha

get the one that fits your head better.

The shape of the crown of the x-11 meant a medium was too tight on me and a large would move around a bit too much.

rf1000 fit my head perfectly, very happy with it. (except that the rf1100 came out not too long after).

Take the cheek pads out if you arent sure, its the best way to really be sure of the fit where it matters most.

I was ready to buy an x-11 thinking the rf1000 was too tight, but turns out it was just the cheek pads.

• Upvote 1