96 Seaswirl Squirt 115 OMC turbojet?

Gump

Anyone familiar with this boat motor? I have an opportunity to snag a free boat with a bad motor. I can rebuild anything but Turbojet went bankrupt many many years ago and I don't want to have trouble finding parts or rebuild something that's a junk design and have continued problems. I either take this on or rebuild my 99 yamaha 1100 jetski which I know has known issue's but a complete upper rebuild and bored is only $450.

A boat that runs is a money pit. A free boat that doesnt is a bigger money pit.:)

I took my boat out once last year. It turned into a nightmare. I will take broke down on the side of the road instead of on the lake anyday. Its fixed now but we will see how this year goes.

Check out this site http://forums.iboats.com/forum.php

IMHO OMC sucks in general.

I have 2 buddies that have OMC drives and have nothing but problems. My boat has a mercuiser outdrive but my problems were unrelated to the drive itself. Blown hydraulic trim line and carb issues ruined my day.

I don't think it's worth it if I could. It's basically a outboard power head mounted on a jet pump and everything with an outboard is EXPENSIvE. Unless the body of this squirt is immaculate I'm going to pass. Even if it is immaculate I'd have to tear it down to know what's really bad. I could buy a running one for $2000 ish. I think this was the jet boat before Seadoo made a real jetboat. O

• 2 months later...