Can you park a motorcycle on a sidewalk

usafstud

i believe that shamrock towed it themselves without anyone telling them to. The sidewalk there is owned by gateway. I checked with their office in the parking garage if they called in a motorcycle to get towed away and they denied it. I cussed out shamrock pretty good lets just say

i believe that shamrock towed it themselves without anyone telling them to. The sidewalk there is owned by gateway. I checked with their office in the parking garage if they called in a motorcycle to get towed away and they denied it. I cussed out shamrock pretty good lets just say

The news, I think it was 10tv, did a story about towing companies towing cars they shouldn't not allowing the alloted time in a spot and charging more than the state set rates. They showed a woman parked at McDonalds, then walked across the street to get money from the ATM and by the time she walked back over to Mc'D to get her food, her car was gone. :nono:

I want to preface this by saying I have never read the law myself. That being said, I was talking to one of the detectives from our Auto Squad and he informed me that the way the way the law is written is basically: as long as a TOW TRUCK picks it up they can come to your house and tow it from your driveway then charge you to get it back. It has never been done as far as he knows, but it could happen.

You can't use deadly force to protect property, but you can be damn sure that if someone tries to take my trucks from my driveway they will be getting a West Side Shotgun (Louisville Slugger) to the back of the head!

I want to preface this by saying I have never read the law myself. That being said, I was talking to one of the detectives from our Auto Squad and he informed me that the way the way the law is written is basically: as long as a TOW TRUCK picks it up they can come to your house and tow it from your driveway then charge you to get it back. It has never been done as far as he knows, but it could happen.

You can't use deadly force to protect property, but you can be damn sure that if someone tries to take my trucks from my driveway they will be getting a West Side Shotgun (Louisville Slugger) to the back of the head!

so if we're driving a tow truck, can we tow their tow truck from their lot and make them pay to get it back?

sounds like a job for xzibit

so if we're driving a tow truck, can we tow their tow truck from their lot and make them pay to get it back?

sounds like a job for xzibit

From the way it was explained to me, I would say yes! You have one???:D

• 6 years later...

Ohio revised code 4511.68 

B) A person shall be permitted, without charge or restriction, to stand or park on a sidewalk a motor-driven cycle or motor scooter that has an engine not larger than one hundred and fifty cubic centimeters, or a bicycle, provided that the motor-driven cycle, motor scooter, or bicycle does not impede the normal flow of pedestrian traffic. This division does not authorize any person to operate a vehicle in violation of section 4511.711 of the Revised Code.

On 3/24/2011 at 11:13 PM, FZRMatt said:

In Florida you can ?