Can you park a motorcycle on a sidewalk

usafstud

because they are usually ahead of the curve on these types of things. like lane splitting for example.

dude, i was going to type that on the original post but didn't. i been trying to stop comparing ohio to the rest of the places I have lived and visited.

i don't understand why you can't split lanes but it is legal to talk on cell phone and also ride a ride without a helmet. oops, i just did.

they probably parked in the hashed sections at the end of the parking spaces.

I've done this a number of times, and have actually had cager folk say that is what that space should be used for anyway. I figure a)why take up a whole spot for just my bike, b) it keeps the bike from being run over when some unattentive cager flies into the space shrouded by cars on either side, c) so long as I put it someplace that's not in the way of any sort of door swing, adjacent to a handicapped spot, or impedes the line of sight when turning out of the aisle, there's little harm in it.

I've done this a number of times, and have actually had cager folk say that is what that space should be used for anyway. I figure a)why take up a whole spot for just my bike, b) it keeps the bike from being run over when some unattentive cager flies into the space shrouded by cars on either side, c) so long as I put it someplace that's not in the way of any sort of door swing, adjacent to a handicapped spot, or impedes the line of sight when turning out of the aisle, there's little harm in it.

squid.

In Ohio it's also illegal to put two bikes in the same parking spot. Although it takes an LEO with hand cuffs stuck sideways up their @ss to enforce it. So it is probably heavily enforced in New Albany and Gahanna.:p

I can see if being a problem for paid parking, but at Chase on Polaris the bikes would tend to secure the spaces at the end of a row and you could put 3 or 4 bikes in there at an angle.

It makes no sense to stop bikes from doing that - it benefits all and hurts nobody. Writing that ticket would take a cop who had just got home last night and found his mother, wife and daughter all enthusiastically "entertaining" the patrons of the nearest biker bar.

I would not park on the sidewalk. To park on the sidewalk you have to have ridden on the sidewalk, which is definitely not legal.

Edited by Scruit

If it's illegal to park in these hashed areas at the end of the rows, why would different cops on multiple occasions say it's ok to park there when asked? Are these LEOs wrong? Possibly. It was the Beavercreek PD at Fairfield commons and The Greene...

Or are you saying it's illegal merely because it is "squidly?"

And he is then. Even worse is there was little to no real logic behind any of those statements he used to support his justification. Squids come up with all sorts of BS to justify what they do too.

Oh and the comments from the perfrct one continue...:rolleyes:

Most of the "one bike only" per parking spot thing is for city parking meters.

That way they know who gets the ticket and there's no argument about it.

Otherwise, a ticket for more than one motorcycle in a spot.

edit: see John's post #36, I am completely wrong. Multiple motorcycles are allowed at a meter. (Columbus)

Besides, can you park a sidewalk on a motorcycle? Need to know...

edit: and I agree, when I see narrow hashed lines at the end of rows, it looks like motorcycle parking to me. Since it looks almost the same as real motorcycle parking I've seen many places. I parked in what looked like motorcycle spots, that were straight and not angled, in front of a Target store and got a lot of dirty looks. Dunno... looked like motorcycle parking to me. The spaces were just right for motorcycles.

Edited by ReconRat

In Ohio it's also illegal to put two bikes in the same parking spot.

are you sure about that? at comfest they had probably 10 bikes in one metered spot. i remember reading that it was ok as long as the meter was paid...

do you have a statute number or anything?

I did at our old building (private) no one ever said anything and we had city cops and state troopers in and out of there all the time.

Here the very first day I parked in out parking lot someone backed into it and fled... probably the smartest thing they ever done.

I've brought this up before, but this is one reason military bases are awesome. There are motorcycle spots at right near literally every building.

Very true, and ususally it was concrete to boot, not just a painted area of asphalt.

If it's illegal to park in these hashed areas at the end of the rows, why would different cops on multiple occasions say it's ok to park there when asked? Are these LEOs wrong? Possibly. It was the Beavercreek PD at Fairfield commons and The Greene...

Or are you saying it's illegal merely because it is "squidly?"

They are wrong...kind of. If I remember right those laws (safety zones,...) are generally done at a local level so it might differ depending on what town you're in, but really it would probably take the owner of the business/property to do something about it either way since it's private property. Them telling you that you can park there probably over steps their bounds for the same reason.

Squidly only in the view it sometimes gives to "cagers" really.

Oh and the comments from the perfrct one continue...:rolleyes:

Glad you think I'm perfect...thanks sweetheart.

Glad you think I'm perfect...thanks sweetheart.

Figured it was on of the few things we might actually agree on. I've never been called a squid for something my bike did at rest. Actually, never been called a squid at all, or called out for giving squidly excuses. Guess you know me so well...sweetheart.

Figured it was on of the few things we might actually agree on. I've never been called a squid for something my bike did at rest. Actually, never been called a squid at all, or called out for giving squidly excuses. Guess you know me so well...sweetheart.

I was merely replying to the topic at hand and I think I clarified the squid comment before my last reply to you. Don't be so sore there, honeybun.

I was merely replying to the topic at hand and I think I clarified the squid comment before my last reply to you. Don't be so sore there, honeybun.

Not sore, babe. I see you with your cager hat on there. It's all good mang.

you faggots need to get a room or something.

Hush up, junior. If Fusion and I didn't have this banter when the weather sucks, we'd be stuck with gun threads and the umpteenth page of 'what are you listening to'.

• Upvote 1