Deals Gap (Tennessee/North Carolina

jerben

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be staying in Townsend and headed down on Monday. Look for a silver ST1300. Plates are LNRGR

I will certainly be looking for you, I am staying at the Deals Gap Resort, I should get there on Tuesday.

A white and blue Buell 1125R, or a blue Suzuki SV1000S, I think the Z1000 is staying home, if not it is white and orange, the Buell and the Suzuki are going for sure.

Link... I'll be doing some dual sport riding on Tuesday on a rented KLR650. Wed I'm headed for Highlands down 28 and may do Cherhola over to Telico and back. Thursday I head for Little Switzerland by way of the BRP and over night in Boone. Friday it's 421 all the way to Lexington. Saturday will see me home. I'll come down to the resort Tuesday evening on the ST after I get the dirt off me. :)

That sounds like we will certainly cross paths somewhere, I am not sure the exact routes and what days, I am meeting a rider from VA, and he is mapping our trips, I won't know till I get there, but I do know we will be seeing some of the same roads.

Little Switzerland and the Asheville area, along with 421, will be the following week for me.

I should be riding Wayah Road with some riders from FL, MI, and VA on Wed., at least that is what I think is planned?

Link... I'll be doing some dual sport riding on Tuesday on a rented KLR650. Wed I'm headed for Highlands down 28 and may do Cherhola over to Telico and back. Thursday I head for Little Switzerland by way of the BRP and over night in Boone. Friday it's 421 all the way to Lexington. Saturday will see me home. I'll come down to the resort Tuesday evening on the ST after I get the dirt off me. :)

Do you know what year KLR you'll be riding? gen I or gen II?

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm headin down this weekend, I'm hearing storys of cops having random checkpoints set up checkin for regisration and insurance and lisence and safety inspecting bikes. Anyone have first hand experience? we have a group of 30 or so not all have their endorsment

So I'm headin down this weekend, I'm hearing storys of cops having random checkpoints set up checkin for regisration and insurance and lisence and safety inspecting bikes. Anyone have first hand experience? we have a group of 30 or so not all have their endorsment

You should probably get that rectified lol.

I did not see the random checkpoints, but they are patrolling it hard, State and County.

http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=1WPV001B040187&po=13&a=802377&fip=1

I was down last week, went all over the place. I saw no checkpoints anywhere. Cops were out a lot though, and they flew a few people out on the weekend. So with that many injuries this early in the season the cops are not going to have much of a sense of humor.

And be careful, maybe I am getting old but I swear I have never seen bikes going so fast through the dragon as I did on this trip. I move along pretty fast and don't get passed very often..but people were blowing my doors off left and right. And they were not very good at it, lots of over the yellow line crap going on.

My buddy and I got our plans locked down and are going 5/21-5/24. We are going to stay in Alcoa, TN. Has anyone been to the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley, NC?

My buddy and I got our plans locked down and are going 5/21-5/24. We are going to stay in Alcoa, TN. Has anyone been to the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley, NC?

WTT is awsome be prepared to spend half a day if you want to truley enjoy this place...feel free to ask any questions to the folks there, they love to share their passion with you..we ask them "where do they work on the bikes" and they guy said " you want to see that shop" and gave up a tour of the back and showed us all the projects they are working on...we are headed down next Sat...here is the site if you didnt already have it http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

• 2 weeks later...

The Wheels Through Time MC Museum is a must vist. Plan on spending some time there. There is a great French restaurant in Franklin. Hope you have a good trip.

• 3 weeks later...