Maggie - Great Dane - aged 9 yrs

bigd

So, we unfortunately had to do it today. We put our Black great dane, Maggie, down this morning. She was having quite a few problems, and I just wasn't going to let her go out like that. Sucks, I've only lost one other dog in my life. Sad stuff....send her some OR love to doggie heaven if you would please...may the doggie dudes and rabbits to chase be plentiful whereever you are girl...

[ATTACH]2204[/ATTACH]

• Upvote 1

So, we unfortunately had to do it today. We put our Black great dane, Maggie, down this morning. She was having quite a few problems, and I just wasn't going to let her go out like that. Sucks, I've only lost one other dog in my life. Sad stuff....send her some OR love to doggie heaven if you would please...may the doggie dudes and rabbits to chase be plentiful whereever you are girl...

[ATTACH]2204[/ATTACH]

its crazy that your dane was also named maggie. So was ares she lived to 12. had to put her down two years ago.

Sorry about your pup. Just think of the good times and know you were a star in her eyes. ive lost a few myself. I hope mine are all waiting for me under a shady tree somewhere...

When the time is right and youre ready, adopt a rescue in Maggies honor and make a difference in another 4 legged friends life.

Sorry to hear about Maggie, just keep the memories alive in your mind and know that she will be waiting for you on the other side. Time will make it somewhat easier...and I agree with jagr, make sure you rescue another when the time is right to give another pup a good life.

I've only lost one other dog in my life. Sad stuff....

Sorry for your loss. It's never easy. :( I know you can't "replace" your dog, but you can love another,

there are plenty of other dogs out there at the shelters that need love too.

Sorry for your loss. It's never easy. :( I know you can't "replace" your dog' date=' but you can love another,

there are plenty of other dogs out there at the shelters that need love too.[/quote']

+1

Sorry for your loss man. I've had to put down 5 dogs in my life. It's not easy and doesn't get any easier. But when you are ready, their unconditional love is indiscriminate, and a gently used one is always waiting.

So sorry for the loss of your friend...I can relate and it sucks..We had a shepard name rexxy and he had to be put down on a christmas eve few years back..Me and the kids took it hard..He was our best friend.Oh dont worry though they will all be waiting on you and it wil be a good time.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. (not that rainbow either)

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

He's a cute one for sure. Enjoy your time with him. And give him a treat for me or something. Thanks.

She was beautiful.

Mine turned 11 last week. He's in good health, but I know the days are growing shorter for him.

04-00DarwinPuppy.jpgDarwin11yearsold.jpg

She was beautiful.

Mine turned 11 last week. He's in good health, but I know the days are growing shorter for him.

Very sad reminder that we're not here forever. I'm dreading that upcoming last car ride with my older grey - we think he's 10ish, but he's starting to slow down and can't keep up on walks anymore. We rescued him out of a stinking little kennel, 25lb underweight, but at least the last part of his life will be a good one. Quite a character.

picture.php?albumid=1205&pictureid=13226&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1205&pictureid=13225&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1205&pictureid=13224&thumb=1

I like the rainbow bridge story; I'm wearing gear when I head up there; these two can do some damage when they hit you at 40mph.....

It is hard to deal with at times. I had to put my Blood Hound down (after 12 years) the end of summer, my other Doberman(at 8 years) the summer before, and my first dog Rottweiler/Doberman mix 7 years ago when I was 18.

It is hard the first couple times you see where they always ate at, would lay down, etc... Just remember that they are no longer in pain, and are playing and smiling all day now.

The hardest one for me was my Blood Hound. She would howl every time someone cam up the road, when the fire alarm goes off, and she would always meet me when I would walk in my gate. Hard to just not be there anymore when these things happen.

Keep pictures around, so when you see them you think about happy times, and not putting them down. It does get better, but never goes away. There is a reason a lot of people make them like family and treat them like a child.