07 gsxr - $3500

Bad324

getting some opinions on whether this would be a good "upgrade" from the 03 600rr for track duty.

all depends on what's on your CBR and what you put on the GSXR.

I'm biased, because I have the exact same track bike as you, but I'd rather have a 2003 600RR with full suspension, track bodywork, damper, full exhaust, power commander, frame sliders, stainless brake lines, shorty levers, woodcraft rearsets, etc. than a stock 2007 GSXR 600.

the GSXR is definitely a better platform to MAKE fast, but it's going to cost you a ton to get it fully track prepped... So this "$3,500 bike" will end up costing you more like $5,000 to get to the same point as your current bike. The performance potential is definitely higher, but if your current bike is well set up, I'd say it's better than a stock 2007 Suzuki.

my 03 has:

stock suspension front/back with oil and seals done last year. front has springs for my weight.

it's drilled for safety wire? lol

full exhaust (it was $400)

kn filter

track body work

damper on the way

sliders

ss brake lines and 1 season old pads

everything else is stock

and 19K miles.

i think that's it.

i might just pick up a prepped race bike that isn't too beat so I don't have to do a whole lot to it at the end of this season.

I REALLY need to buy a motard.

but on the other hand, I'm sure i could buy this and sell it for at least $1000 more. or I could buy it, sell off the plastics and whatever else crap, and use that money to get it race prepped.

lots of options.

and the buell is sold, so the cash is in hand.

Whats so hard to understand? Guy needs money, guy has bike, guy sells bike for cheap to get money fast. Cocaine's a hell of a drug. Strippers love cocaine and motorcycles, but motorcycles are useless in the winter.

Youre a very cynical person from some of your posts. Not insulting you or anything, just an observation.

people on cleveland racing and here are both offering to buy it, r1crusher is assaulting this guys voicemail box, and yet nobody can contact him.....yep, he seems pretty desperate to sell it to me

....r1crusher is assaulting this guys voicemail box, and yet nobody can contact him.....yep, he seems pretty desperate to sell it to me

And I will continue to call the dude until he answers. Shouldn't have posted a bike for sale if you didn't really want to sell it.

Well, several more calls throughout the day and never an answer nor a return call. I'm calling this one done and not worth pursuing any further.

Lock it up!

/thread

the guy who posted it for sale on cleveland racing posted this at 1:30

Update: he said he has had 10 calls and tryin to return them in order lol

step 1: find picture of clean sportbike

step 2: post for sale ad with very low price

step 3: put your buddys phone number (shittygsxr?) :p

step 4: they gets 80000 phone calls over the next day or two

brb gonna go make a few CL posts.