The political discussion about the shooting of Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords

Disclaimer

Who knows if it's really politically motivated... but

Sarah Palin's PAC Puts Gun Sights On Democrats She's Targeting In 2010

Interesting coincidence eh?

Sarah Palin is targeting -- yes, with gun sights -- House Democrats facing tough reelection fights who voted for health care reform. Palin's Facebook page now carries a map featuring 20 gun sights, one for each of the Democrats targeted this year by her political action committee SarahPAC. Three of the gun sights, those where incumbent Democrats have already announced their retirement, are colored red.

sarahpac_0.jpg Likewise, Palin's rhetoric is decidedly militant. "We'll aim for these races and many others," she wrote on her Facebook page. "This is just the first salvo in a fight to elect people across the nation who will bring common sense to Washington. Please go to sarahpac.com and join me in the fight."

Word is that Palin took that pic down off her site now...

Also, I guess Federal judge John Roll was also killed

Sarah Palin Statement On Arizona Shooting Involving Democrat Rep. Gabrielle Giffords

Here's a video from back in March from Gifford commenting on threats/harrassment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/36033690%2336033690#36033690

Wow.. it's hard following Twitter and keeping up, this is the first time I've tried.

Shooter is apparently Jared Lee Loughner who was 22, using an extended round magazine in a pistol. Only one prior run in with the law.

Gifford is expected to pull through, responding to commands.

Giffords Opponent, Jesse Kelly, Held June Event to “Shoot a Fully Automatic M16″ to “Get on Target” and “Remove Gabrielle Giffords”

6a00d8341bf80c53ef0133f0e5916a970b-800wi.pngPer Puppethead in the comments, Giffords’ 2010 Congressional opponent Jesse Kelly held a June 12 gun event that was billed as follows on the Pima County Republican website:

Get on Target for Victory in November Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office Shot a fully automatic M15 with Jesse Kelly

Kelly’s website has apparently scrubbed the event , but here is the account from the Arizona Daily Star:

Jesse Kelly, meanwhile, doesn’t seem to be bothered in the least by the Sarah Palin controversy earlier this year, when she released a list of targeted races in crosshairs, urging followers to “reload” and “aim” for Democrats. Critics said she was inciting violence.

He seems to be embracing his fellow tea partier’s idea. Kelly’s campaign event website has a stern-looking photo of the former Marine in military garb holding his weapon. It includes the headline: “Get on Target for Victory in November. Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office. Shoot a fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly.”

The event costs $50.

KVOA television in Arizona is also reporting that Rep. Giffords has died.

Update I: Gawker spoke to eyewitness Steven Rayle, who says one of the victims was “a kid no older than 10 years old”:

The event was very informal: Gifford had set up a table outside the Safeway and about 20-30 people were gathered to talk to her. The gunman, who may have come from inside the Safeway, walked up and shot Gifford in the head first, “point blank”. According to Rayle, who is a former ER doctor, Gifford was able to move her hands after being shot.

After shooting Gifford, the gunman opened fire indiscriminately for a few seconds, firing 20-30 rounds and hitting a number of people, including a kid no older than 10 years old. Rayle hid behind a concrete pole and pretended to be dead. When the gunman apparently ran out of ammunition he attempted to flee, but a member of Gifford’s staff tackled him. Rayle helped hold the gunman down while waiting for the sheriff to arrive, about 15-to-20 minutes later. The EMS came about 30 minutes later. Rayle said he was “stunned” by how long it took medical help to arrive.

Edited by JRMMiii

Such a crass comment.

Would you feel better if it was Republicans?

Would that make it "OK"?

Yea, because there's Democrats running around implying the "guns" and "do something about it" message. :rolleyes: It's not OK period, but there are consequences when you're politicking and preaching certain messages to people. If there wasn't, why'd Palin take down that pic off her website? She's got no reason to take it down if that's a message she can stand behind.

Get a grip.

Yea, because there's Democrats running around implying the "guns" and "do something about it" message. :rolleyes: It's not OK period, but there are consequences when you're politicking and preaching certain messages to people. If there wasn't, why'd Palin take down that pic off her website? She's got no reason to take it down if that's a message she can stand behind.

Get a grip.

I kinda think she took it down because of talk like yours.

I'll wait for the facts before jumping to conclusions.

Just remember, Statistically Jrmii causes more shit than bad chili.

What FACT? FACT - that was on her website. FACT - some of the propaganda she uses to deliver her messages have to do with "guns" and "removing opposition from office". I'm not saying she advocated or even intended for violence, I'm just saying that some extremist people could interpret it like that. FACT - this happened at a POLITICAL rally, so it's hard not to connect the dots that it was politically motivated. It's not like the Gifford had keyed the kids car or some personal vendetta, is it? Possible, just not likely.

Please... Mama Grizzly is scared of some "talk" by someone opposed to her views? :cry::cry: Right. :rolleyes:

Once again, why take it down? It's a message she sent back in March, and she can't stand behind it anymore? Same thing with Gifford's opponent's June event to shoot an M16, why remove that? If it's not in poor taste then, why's it in poor taste now? They can't predict the future. Probably because it was in poor taste all along.... hmm.

Edited by JRMMiii
  • Upvote 1

The Obama administration approved the sale of the American-made rifles last year. But it reversed course and banned the sale in March – a decision that went largely unnoticed at the time but that is now sparking opposition from gun rights advocates.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/01/obama-administration-reverses-course-forbids-sale-antique-m-rifles/#ixzz1ATzk8ZGs

If it was okay then, why isn't it okay now?

The liberal machine has a boner right now as a chance to discredit Palin arises.

A chance to discredit Palin? That happens when she opens her mouth. I guess she was ok in the evening gown portion of the Pagaent, but when the talent portion rolled around, the clown routine doesn't cut it.

I guess I don't get the point you're trying to make... those are policy reversal decisions, not inflammatory politicking. People can educate themselves, or lobby, or whatever and change their mind on things - change course... but nothing there had any inflammatory messages of advocacy toward an opposition.

I guess I don't get the point you're trying to make... those are policy reversal decisions, not inflammatory politicking. People can educate themselves, or lobby, or whatever and change their mind on things - change course... but nothing there had any inflammatory messages of advocacy toward an opposition.

So you say someone can educate themselves and change their minds. But yet you don't give that benefit to Palin? It also depends on what view you take on guns and the targets. To her it might not have seemed so wrong when she came up with the map. Or maybe one of her staff put it up before she knew. Have you ever been mad at someone and said "I'll kill you for that!"? Well did you carry that "threat" out?

Jared Lee Loughner Identified As Gabrielle Giffords Shooter (INFO, VIDEOS)

A MySpace page belonging to a "Jared Lee Loughner," age 22, of Tucson, was taken down. A YouTube account also exists in his name.

Here's what was listed on his MySpace page before it was removed:

Schools:I attended school: Thornydale elementary,Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View Highschool, Northwest Aztec Middle College, and Pima Community College.

Interests:My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college!

Movies:(*My idiom: I could coin the moment!*)

Music:Pass me the strings!

Books:I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

Loughner recently posted three videos to YouTube, text-only, the first to introduce himself and a final one posted Dec. 15 titled "My Final Thoughts." See those videos in their entirety below:

Click the links for the YouTubes...

So you say someone can educate themselves and change their minds. But yet you don't give that benefit to Palin? It also depends on what view you take on guns and the targets. To her it might not have seemed so wrong when she came up with the map.

No I don't give Palin the benefit of the doubt because she removed it NOW, after this JUST happened. It's been up since March -- so no, she's being reactionary, not "educated and enlightened"

Have you ever been mad at someone and said "I'll kill you for that!"? Well did you carry that "threat" out?

Honestly, no... I don't think I've ever said that particular phrase aloud in anger to someone as an adult. :dunno: But my memory isn't the best.

No I don't give Palin the benefit of the doubt because she removed it NOW, after this JUST happened. It's been up since March -- so no, she's being reactionary, not "educated and enlightened"

Honestly, no... I don't think I've ever said that particular phrase aloud in anger to someone as an adult. :dunno: But my memory isn't the best.

Yes you did. When you learned of Hwiii.

Yes you did. When you learned of Hwiii.

:lol: THAT came outta left-field. :lol:

Sorry, but back on topic... the third Youtube video (3:46 length) Loughner posted is messed up, but I think a lot of the answers can be found there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHoaZaLbqB4

"Let the bodies hit the floor background music"... lovely. One of Loughner's "Favorited" videos Of course, these videos are almost meaningless until today's events occurred -- Hindsight 20/20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L1lsLU-kUw&feature=player_profilepage

=|

If there's no flag in the constitution then the flag in the film is unknown.

There's no flag in the constitution.

Therefore, the flag in the film is unknown.

Supposedly Loughner's YouTube Channel (Classitup10) - http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10#p/a/f/0/3L1lsLU-kUw Edited by JRMMiii

What FACT? FACT - that was on her website. FACT - some of the propaganda she uses to deliver her messages have to do with "guns" and "removing opposition from office". I'm not saying she advocated or even intended for violence, I'm just saying that some extremist people could interpret it like that. FACT - this happened at a POLITICAL rally, so it's hard not to connect the dots that it was politically motivated. It's not like the Gifford had keyed the kids car or some personal vendetta, is it? Possible, just not likely.

Please... Mama Grizzly is scared of some "talk" by someone opposed to her views? :cry::cry: Right. :rolleyes:

Once again, why take it down? It's a message she sent back in March, and she can't stand behind it anymore? Same thing with Gifford's opponent's June event to shoot an M16, why remove that? If it's not in poor taste then, why's it in poor taste now? They can't predict the future. Probably because it was in poor taste all along.... hmm.

Aside from the fact that you clearly have a problem with Sarah Palin who as best I can figure stands for everything you hate. What I was referring to was who the shooter was. Were they in fact influenced, motivated by, or even hired by Palin?

The crass comment is directed at you going all political before the bodies are even cold.

A 9 year old is dead and your going off about political web sites.

That's cold.

Prayers for the families of the wounded and fallen. :rip: