Eating Alone

tyler524

So I am sitting in a hotel room eating Taco Bell even though I get $20 for my dinner when traveling for business. I feel weird to go somewhere and sit there by myself and eat or even sit at a bar. Am I weird or do a lot of you guys feel like that? I should be eating a good steak somewhere right now on my companies dime but I am eating ToxicHell

I've never had a problem with it. I use to do outside sales when I lived in Tennessee, so I ate alone while on the road.

I frequently go to the bar down the street from me and smoke a cigar by myself after by girl goes to sleep. Never bothers me to be alone...even at a bar.

I traveled quite a bit for work. I would always hit the gym after work for about 2 hrs and then go get food. Most of the time, I would just bring it back to my room to eat while watching TV. I would make sure that at least once a week or so, to go to a bar to eat and sit at the bar and hold conversations with whoever was working. It helps when you travel allot. It doesnt bother me to eat alone and I actually prefer it when I'm traveling for work.

FYI, you should talk to your company about your per diem rates because $20 for dinner doesnt even cover the Gov calculated per diem rates for most cities in the US.

Edited by flounder

Yeah' date=' we used to get a $50 per diem, but the boss all-the-sudden changed his mind. Now we pay for our meals and the company reimburses us. Not a big deal, but now he gets his ass handed to him. Sushi, sake, beer, moar sushi... for lunch and dinner. Hey.. that's what he wanted. :dunno:[/quote']

I'm beginning to understand why he had you laid off for awhile & used the scabs instead :lol:

I am all for eating alone. It is when you start getting into going to the movies alone that I get iffy. I have done it several times before but I don't always like the judgmental look the high school kid gives me as I ask for one ticket and there is no one behind. They probably think their life sucks but mine sucks even worse since I can't find any one to join me in a social activity that requires the least amount of interaction.

I am all for eating alone. It is when you start getting into going to the movies alone that I get iffy. I have done it several times before but I don't always like the judgmental look the high school kid gives me as I ask for one ticket and there is no one behind. They probably think their life sucks but mine sucks even worse since I can't find any one to join me in a social activity that requires the least amount of interaction.

It's funny cuz it's true. But I've never actually done it. Considered it and said hell no I'm not watching a movie by myself.

I've been to movies by myself before, when the wifey & I were fighting & I needed to get away from her for a few hours.

Unfortunately they've since closed the dollar theater, & as much as we fight, I'd need to win the lottery to afford all my time at the regular theater

I've been to movies by myself before, when the wifey & I were fighting & I needed to get away from her for a few hours.

Unfortunately they've since closed the dollar theater, & as much as we fight, I'd need to win the lottery to afford all my time at the regular theater

Or fight for a bigger allowance? :lol:

• Upvote 1

Ive done the movies a few times myself while traveling for work.