Planned Winter Bike Work?

bigd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still riding when it's dry. First priority is getting to 100k on the odometer (less than 700 miles short), maybe some new tires, and perhaps a full steering head bearing replacement. Probably going to crack the battery port open and throw on a Battery Tender lead just in case. Oh yeah, maybe an oil change somewhere in there too.

That suspension refresh from 35 Motorsports sounds interesting. The rear needs to be done...I'm still on the original one!

'03 600rr: restock on tires, get spare parts, get newish sprocket and chain, get some other random track junk. maybe a radial front brake MC if i can find one that'll work well. then blow a bunch of money on track days. hurray!

woot. (this should be on everyone's mod list... just sayin') :lol:

you'll get whats now become my yearly "pauly spring time check up and oil change"

I also suggest this for lots of lazy or less knowledgeable individuals like myself

I dont have a lot of space to work, so its one bike at a time for me and funds are limited since I'm not working at the moment.

Plan A

- Valkyrie

-------- Pull rear wheel off (its a shaft, bleah, PIA) and get moving on the upgrade to bling up the rear brakes/brackets and wheel polish.

-VFR800 '98

----------Finish the research and decide method for a slam dunk overkill permafix on the charging system. (chronic engineers disease.. :rolleyes: )

----------Rework heat shielding around rear cylinders, under seat wires and fuses, maybe around the header and shock too. Posible PC fan in there to get some airflow. Mbe some shielding under the tank too. -The thing gets the seat warm and cooks my ass. It's getting old.

--------- Upgrade the horn circuit with an Eastern Beaver horn relay kit, relocate horn itself.

Plan B

-- Crank up the garage heater and blast the radio, park my butt in a chair and consume lots of Becks dark beer. Repeat often...;)... :eek:

Edited by mello dude

Plan B

-- Crank up the garage heater and blast the radio, park my butt in a chair and consume lots of Becks dark beer. Repeat often...;)... :eek:

Anything like me?!? This sounds more likely...

Rebuilding the front forks(35 Motorsports)

Custom Stretched swingarm (Earache)

Some new rear sprockets

Refreshing the motor

New custom Map (DTM)

And the normail winter Lovin' the Whitey does with his bikes.....

Getting ready for the Maxton Mile this year.......

Edited by BornSinner

Some new rear sprockets

Refreshing the motor

New custom Map (DTM)

What all are you doing to the motor?

It all depends on the wallet....

It needs to be checked out due to the 12,000 miles....

I'm going to reach out to Rub35 to see what else we can get out of that scary beast....

He will be able to take care of it for sure, can't wait to see what it does once he is done

Some new rear sprockets

Refreshing the motor

New custom Map (DTM)

And the normail winter Lovin' the Whitey does with his bikes.....

Hell yeah! I'd like to do the TEXAS mile sometime. When I can I will look you up man. Please let me know when you go and how you do down in Maxton. Just remember, to keep the tuck tight. :cheers: