New Honda Advenbtrure bike

Earache

This one comming out now is basicly built of the 6th gen VFR800 VTEC bike, Still darn big for that type of bike. But the Buell was bigger than this one. I can't see how much "fun" it could be to go all terrain riding on anything bigger than a KLR650.

This one comming out now is basicly built of the 6th gen VFR800 VTEC bike, Still darn big for that type of bike. But the Buell was bigger than this one. I can't see how much "fun" it could be to go all terrain riding on anything bigger than a KLR650.

The big adventurer tourers aren't made for offroading as much as just being more capable at doing light trails and offroad conditions than a street bike might be (given the suspension, wheel set and ground clearance). I've taken my Strom on some downright awful trails, and it's surprisingly capable.

The idea, which I endorse and enjoy, is that you have a bike that will take you in comfort, even 2 up with luggage, to anywhere you wanna go and take on pretty poor conditions or light offroad if you want, and take you back home in comfort too.

They are a handful in true offroad, but they're not offroad bikes, they're adventure tourers. The name "dual sport" is woefully misplaced when talking about a 550lb GS or Strom. I think it's fun to see what I can get the big bike to do, but it's maybe not everyone's cup of tea.

The new GS1200 from Honda?

Replacing the final drive will be cheaper, so you gotta give them props for that. Come to think of it, you won't be replacing a final drive on the Honda.

Touratech is probably beside themselves ramping up production on the Honda-Wing-Logo cup holders.

;)

• 1 month later...