Who do you want as the next Governor of Ohio?

Casper

Who do you want as the next Governor of Ohio?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Governor of Ohio?

• John Kasich (R)
    • Ken Matesz (L)
    • Dennis Spisak (GM)
    • Ted Strickland (D)

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showpost.php?p=580563&postcount=18

So KK doesn't think I'm picking on him. I do not understand this repeated statement of being qualified to hold a job that is unique and no one has ever held before. Other than the minimum criteria already in place that everyone meets how does one get to be more qualified than another?

I do find it funny that the Dems picked a less qualified male over a moar qualified white woman. Actually' date=' that makes me smile just thinking about it.[/quote']

I really don't understand why the black vote is such a big deal... the democrats didn't need to nominate a black guy to get black people to vote for him. Maybe that brought out more black voters in general, which I guess is as good of a tactical reason as any.

But the bottom line is that blacks are 12% of the population. Gays are allegedly a larger portion of the voting population than blacks; but there's no comparable 'controversy' over their voting. Again, they're going to vote democrat almost no matter what anyway...

Ok, so why don't you take the fine then? There must be SOMETHING stopping you from going that direction, right?? I can only think of about half a dozen reasons off the top of my head.
So why are you providing health care right now?

Because the prices haven't changed enough to warrant dropping it plus its a small company and we like our employees...its like a family. We were also able to cut back in other areas where the the higher health care costs of late are able to be combated.

I still don't see how its a myth, straight from 3 health care companies I was told that when this all goes into effect that our premiums would increase by 60% on average thus making taking the fine a much cheaper option.

I guess my point was, there's nothing stopping you from taking the fine...

Other than fear of being a dick, fear of being a greedy bastard, fear of your employees finding other employment from companies that do have those benefits, etc.

But, those are decisions you have to make -- treat people how you think they should be treated, or take the most economical way out. Just the way of the world. Obviously, you've made your choice for now.

Because the prices haven't changed enough to warrant dropping it plus its a small company and we like our employees...its like a family. We were also able to cut back in other areas where the the higher health care costs of late are able to be combated.

I still don't see how its a myth, straight from 3 health care companies I was told that when this all goes into effect that our premiums would increase by 60% on average thus making taking the fine a much cheaper option.

Of course health care companies told you this. They oppose the health care bill, because the people who need health care plans the most are the people who can't afford it. They're worried that if sick people seek health care, they may see a decrease in profits. The horror.

What the health insurance companies neglect to mention is that they're going to get an increase in customers, to the tune of 30 million people.

Many of those 30 million people are actually perfectly health college aged adults who, today, feel invincible and don't bother getting insurance.

Not to mention that people are more likely to stay on more expensive plans for longer, since they can continue to insure their college aged kids, meaning even more profit for the health care companies.

Insurance companies who like the status quo are certainly going to tell you that premiums are going to increase 60% if the health care bill was passed. They probably didn't say that they'd be likely to go up that high if it DIDN'T pass, I bet.

I don't suppose they mentioned to you that over the last 10 years, with no health care reform at all, the insurance companies have raised the cost of premiums over 120%? Probably not.

http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=14514

The CBO busted the "skyrocketing premiums" myth early on. Premiums would likely stay about the same, increasing slightly for some, decreasing slightly for others, depending on the type of coverage you get and how you get it.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/feb/25/barack-obama/obama-says-under-democratic-health-plan-family-ins/

I don't suppose they mentioned to you that over the last 10 years, with no health care reform at all, the insurance companies have raised the cost of premiums over 120%? Probably not.

No they didn't say it because its pretty well known. I just started doing this stuff last year and even my under educated 25 year old ass knows this. But if you do it right, over the last 7 years we've had this company our premiums have only risen a total of 13% with 7 of that coming this year

No they didn't say it because its pretty well known. I just started doing this stuff last year and even my under educated 25 year old ass knows this. But if you do it right, over the last 7 years we've had this company our premiums have only risen a total of 13% with 7 of that coming this year

That's very unique.

It's interesting that the majority of premium increases are coming this year.

Did your insurance company tell you that this is because of health care reform? I only ask because very little of the health care bill has been implemented to date, and the changes that the insurance companies say will cause costs to skyrocket (no pre-existing conditions, no annual limits, insurance exchanges, required insurance) will not be implemented until 2014.

I know my employer raised our premiums 25% (we are self-insured), said it was to account for all the 18-26 year old non-students that are now allowed to stay on their parents insurance.

I'm sure that's a HUGE population increase with a super-high risk pool to add those people. :rolleyes:

But of course, no one has real numbers because there's no transparency in the system, so if they say their costs are going to go up, I've got no choice but to believe them right? Corporations and business wouldn't lie, use excuses, or use this as a chance to make a political argument -- that's unheard of.

I know my employer raised our premiums 25% (we are self-insured), said it was to account for all the 18-26 year old non-students that are now allowed to stay on their parents insurance.

I'm sure that's a HUGE population increase with a super-high risk pool to add those people. :rolleyes:

But of course, no one has real numbers because there's no transparency in the system, so if they say their costs are going to go up, I've got no choice but to believe them right? Corporations and business wouldn't lie, use excuses, or use this as a chance to make a political argument -- that's unheard of.

I'm sure insuring 18-26 year olds, who rarely go to the doctor, and make up the healthiest age group in the United States, are a huge burden for the insurance companies.

That's very unique.

Did your insurance company tell you that this is because of health care reform? I only ask because very little of the health care bill has been implemented to date, and the changes that the insurance companies say will cause costs to skyrocket (no pre-existing conditions, no annual limits, insurance exchanges, required insurance) will not be implemented until 2014.

It really was a combination of 3 things. What JRMMMMMiiiiiiii said below is a bigger deal to use because it added 3 more people to our plan which previously was only 14 to begin with and 1 of which has considerable health issues. The 2nd being we have 2 older individuals that in the last year both have had cancer discoveries which has caused our claims to sky rocket. The 3rd being the fact that everyones premiums are going up.

I know several people in medium and large companies that do health care and most have told me their premiums have gone up anywhere between 15-28% this year alone. Like I said though if you do the reasearch and get a little luck on your side, you can minimize the damage like myself and another friend at a much much larger company who's premiums only went up 5% this year. I was not pleased she beat me :D

I hate the price of health care going up just as much as everyone else but it just seems people like to bitch about it without really knowing why. Over the last 20 years the major cause of the meteoric rise of costs is directly related to the amount of cancers in people as well as the treatments that result. Are these treatments overpriced...absolutely. By how much though I don't know because I'm pretty sure R&D is the reason for the majority of high cost and greed being the rest.

I only know what I know from the work I do for the company in these regards and its only a small bit of my job that I only do a couple days out of the year so focusing my time on anything other than "how can I save us money" doesn't benefit myself or the company so this is the "knowledge" I'm basing off of.

I know my employer raised our premiums 25% (we are self-insured), said it was to account for all the 18-26 year old non-students that are now allowed to stay on their parents insurance

I hate the price of health care going up just as much as everyone else but it just seems people like to bitch about it without really knowing why.

This. And like I said, it's due to the lack of transparency.

Over the last 20 years the major cause of the meteoric rise of costs is directly related to the amount of cancers in people as well as the treatments that result. Are these treatments overpriced...absolutely. By how much though I don't know because I'm pretty sure R&D is the reason for the majority of high cost and greed being the rest.

No. The bold, is wrong -- it's advertising.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080105140107.htm

This. And like I said, it's due to the lack of transparency.

No. The bold, is wrong -- it's advertising.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080105140107.htm

Interesting, like I said I was just going under assumptions. Unlike most people I can handle being corrected instead of resorting to attacks. I'll never understand that, why argue when you are blatantly wrong? If people would just be more open minded then this country wouldn't suck so much

That's very unique.

Maybe they're preparing for what's coming? :dunno:

It seems that there are a couple things being discussed, as though they're the same. I've been reading this stuff about healthcare, and it's more about healthcare insurance. Most of Obamacare seems to be about insurance than the actual healthcare, or at least right away.

Justin's a foggot.

Duh! I thought everybody had him figured out. :eek:

Yeah, and our government has an excellent track record when it comes to transparency... :rolleyes:

Let's not get into their fiscal responsibility :eek:

Maybe they're preparing for what's coming? :dunno:

I'm not convinced. Over the couple of years, insurance companies have had membership drop by millions, but had huge increase in profits. They've reduced coverage while raising prices, and as a result have had huge revenue increases (Cigna, more than 300%, Wellpoing, more than 700%)

It seems that there are a couple things being discussed, as though they're the same. I've been reading this stuff about healthcare, and it's more about healthcare insurance. Most of Obamacare seems to be about insurance than the actual healthcare, or at least right away.
Well, yeah. That's what people need. If you've got unlimited money, you don't have a problem getting the health care you need. If you can pay in cash, you don't get denied treatment for cancer because you forgot to disclose that you had acne 20 years ago.

• 1 month later...