Cafe Project

scheetz31

also, would you be able to pm price for your engine work and what you had done? it's cool if you don't want to

my roommates just got a cb360 and it's only accelerating my search for my own... although it runs pretty good, the right cyl seems to be spitting oil.

PM sent

Where did you get the electronic ignition? Would like that if and when I get my 74 750 going.

Its developed by the guy that did my engine work and some other company. Check out www.bore-tech.com ...but i think since the 750 is such a popular engine and there is such a huge aftermarket for them, you have a bunch of elec. ignition options.

I think i have found a solution the the above issue....

I ordered a petcock adapter that goes from the 22mm bung on the tank and reduces it to 3/8in NPT threads. Since 3/8 NPT is a more common fitting size, i should be able to find a elbow with a barb end for a hose on the end...similar to all those AN fittings they use on cars. From there ill just run an inline petcock.

Im crossing my fingers that this will work, otherwise ill have to butcher the tank.

*I also ordered a bunch of little odds and ends to wrap this project up...cables, throttle, chain, ignition switch...etc

The one shown in the picture is just a universal harley petcock you can find anywhere on ebay....but they will not work anymore for me. ill just be using an inline shutoff instead, for i will have the fuel line running straight from the tank to carbs.

The one shown in the picture is just a universal harley petcock you can find anywhere on ebay....but they will not work anymore for me. ill just be using an inline shutoff instead, for i will have the fuel line running straight from the tank to carbs.

why won't they work?

i'm asking because the petcock on my 72 yamaha LS2 has a crack on the internal tube, so there is no difference between on and reserve for me. i think the flow also isn't consistent betwen the two different outlets from the petcock to the carbs.

maybe i'll try the straight shot method from the tank to the carbs. any pics or links for the set up?

got some goodies today:

ignition switch

fuel cap latch

rear brakes

throttle sleeve

clutch perch

Also, primed the tank last night with some high build...still filling some pinholes. Plan on sealing it and getting some paint this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Parts are back from powder...just went with a gloss black, that way if i change my mind on paint, im not limited. Will post pictures tomorrow. I had Wheel Doctor here in Cincy hook me up...frame, swingarm, kickstand, brake, mounts...everything looks great, and the took into consideration all threaded holes also which will make assembly nice.

Still waiting on carbs, eta a week. However i just realized that perhaps since Mikuni is a Jap. brand, that is the reason for backorders(earthquake).

• 3 weeks later...

ive got a tank full of gas right now...unfortunatly its not to get the bike running. Im testing the tank for leaks before i put any paint on it.

im also going to try to have my buddy come over next weekend and help me wrap it up. All i need is wiring and to get the throttle cable set right and im rollen.

Ive had gas in the tank the last couple of days...no leaks so far...i think id be comfortable painting it now. However, i want to get it running first. Waiting for the regulator/rectifier to come in, and some velocity stax...maybe next week