It's that time again!

rub35

Hey people! Sorry I have not been too attentive, but I've been in the shop working on bikes;-).

Suspension packages and service deals are still available and it's time to take advantage of upcoming down time for freshen ups etc.

Let me know if I can be of service.

Thanks!

I def. need my forks serviced. Starting to show signs of seals leaking. Can you throw me some pricing on servicing them as well as possibly upgrading some internals for street/track duty (this year was mostly track duty but it is my street bike).

Thanks!

All you folks that do track days - understand that the suspension on your bike is the most important thing you can maintain outside overall maintenance of your machine. Every year you ride on the track, it breaks the oil down and those contaminants can cause problems. Not to mention that is performs at lower and lower standards as the oil breaks down.

Racers, if you are remotely serious about your program, getting suspension refreshed is something that should be done at least 1-2 times a year.

For anyone that wants to have their suspension upgraded, now is the time! Know that suspension upgrades are a bigger result than anything else you can get done to your bike. Superstock engine build on stock suspension is a waste of money.

Street guys - same thing on the oil. That stuff looks like sludge when you go thousands of thousands of miles on the forks and shock... Seals and fresh oil is something a lot of people need, but put off...

Reuben is one of the best around. This will be the third session that he has done my stuff and he did the suspension on my bike before I bought it from the previous owner. My stuff will be going out to him later this winter.

Guys, check his website you can find a lot of info on services. Keep in mind Reuben also has been great enough to give OR 10% off labor, so take advantage of this opportunity.

http://www.35motorsports.com/services.html

Thanks for the good words. Actually OHRiders get 20% off labor costs. The package prices on my site are already discounted 20% as a package purchase incentive. All other procedures are also 20% off to OHRiders as well.

I def. need my forks serviced. Starting to show signs of seals leaking. Can you throw me some pricing on servicing them as well as possibly upgrading some internals for street/track duty (this year was mostly track duty but it is my street bike).

Thanks!

Please take a look at the suspension packages section of the 35motorsports.com site. I have a compression holder replacement kit for the 2007-08 GSXR1000 that I use in my personal bike that works great. It is listed in the add-ons in the package section as well.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info Reuben. I read through the packages and not sure what I think I'll need. I don't intend for the 1000 to end up as a full time track bike so I'm all ears knowing you have the insight on what would be best. If you have any suggestions, let's thow'em out there.

Thanks for the info Reuben. I read through the packages and not sure what I think I'll need. I don't intend for the 1000 to end up as a full time track bike so I'm all ears knowing you have the insight on what would be best. If you have any suggestions, let's thow'em out there.

Are you at the stock internals? How many miles on the fork fluid? Ever been changed? If not solely track, how many track days a year do you average?

My thoughts are this and Rub can confirm...

-Track day anything and you'll want to at minimal, get the fluid refreshed and possibly at least do some springs that will compliment your riding and weight.

Stock anything typically is either VERY worn out in terms of fluid or the internal spring rate is usually not set for the owner that is riding it. Of course, some will fit the OEM spring rate...

-I think that if you are just simply riding street with an occasional track day, the forks still need love. You'd be amazed at the forks Reuben sees from guys that have WAY too many miles on their forks. The oil is simply not up to task for the amount of miles and punishment that people put on their components...

Get the fluid changed. Probably seals also.

-If you plan to do the opposite, and will be doing more track vs. street, consider doing a fork kit and a rear shock. Reuben has a company that he uses that does a GREAT job in making internal kits that will make a HUGE difference. GP Suspension has some really great kits and unless you are top 5 WERA or similar, you don't need a 25-30mm fork kit. However, a fork kit will make a world of difference.

BUT, do not do a fork kit without a shock. If you cannot afford a new one, MANY great shocks can be found on the WERA forums at a substantially lower price vs. new. You can get into a fork anymore for about 1/2 or better than retail!

Overall, think about what you want to do, but understand that refresh at least and that INCLUDES THE REAR SHOCK!!

Ask Reuben about doing something with your stock shock, also. He's done some cool things to OEM shocks and I believe he even did a rebuild and some tricks to a stock rear shock he has used on his personal GSXR1000...

You can email me through my web site and I'll work up a couple of options for you on your particular model with prices. The main things are how much performance increase do you want and what is the budget you have for suspension? Also what is the rider weight? The 2007-08 GSXR1000 comes with decent springs for a typical rider's weight. If you are under 150lbs. or over 190lbs. you should perhaps go with different spring rates. STT-Brian is right about the rear shock, you can't beat the performance of a Penske or Ohlins, but I do have a reworked rear shock that is much better than stock. Depending on the machine's mileage, I'd at least get the forks and shock freshened.

Thanks.